Community post

Discussion

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with mucinex?

Hello TTC community,

I have been going through a fertility clinic for the past 1.5 years. With 1 chemical pregnancy 2 months ago.

Taking dhea, coq10, baby aspirin omega 3's.

I am considering adding mucinex to the mix.

Have anyone tried this? What should I expect? Have you been successful?

Thanks ladies. Looking forward to your opinion

22 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 22 Replies | Last Page

I am ttc #1 as well. I went off on bc in may of 2011. Had no period for a year and finally decided to get checked out. PCOS! Took three rounds of clomid starting in Dec 2012 and used mucinex with all three. Got my period each time but clearly no bfp. Stopped taking the pills went on vaca and came back pg with twins. Unfortunately i had a missed miscarriage in June and have been back to trying ever since. I am currently on CD 36 and scared to test. Don't want to see another BFN.

Sorry to ramble. To answer your question It did not work for me but I have friends who swear by it and all have beautiful babies. Good luck and fingers x.

10 years ago

I don't mind the ramble, it's just nice to connect with someone who understands.

Really sorry for your loss. From someone who went through a chemical preg. I can't even imagine how you must have felt.

For as much as DH says they get it and try to be supportive I don't think they really understand what's it's like to be on this end, and have to go through it their own way.

I know mine has a hard time talking, and doesn't feel comfortable having "the talk" thank you for sharing with me.

I will say a little prayer.Tonight for you.

My diagnosis is auto immune and have had 3 total chemical preg. My dr has me on aspirin so I don't lose again. Might be worth a shot for you

It's my turn to apologize for the ramble. But if you'd like to stay in touch my name is Melissa [baby_dust] [baby_dust]

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi [wave]

Sorry to butt in here but I am new to this TTC thing I'm wondering what mucinex is supposed to do exactly? Would you mind explaining?

I have heard this before but was just to scared to ask.

<a href=

10 years ago

I don't mind at all:)

From what I have read. There is a specific ingredient in both mucinex and robitussen and it breaks up mucus. The ingredient starts with a "G" and it should be the only ingredient. I'm sorry I don't remember the word. He idea is you take it cycle day 5 through to when you ovulate.

Apparently for men and women TTC it is supposed to thin out the cm to make it more sperm friendly. And the semen more liquid so it flows better.

I am curious if anyone is having success. I am trying it out this month. But I have to admit I keep forgetting.

What's your story Ladoimi?

Sorry about that girl,

I just realized you let your link.

What have you tried by way of supplements?

Thank you so much for telling me about this. I have only tried herbal supplements so far fertibella is the last one I tried I did get BFP but it was a blight ovum. I am trying to figure out what I can add to help.

<a href=

10 years ago

I have never heard of this one. What's in that supplement?

I would be interested if it had a bled of some of the extras im
taking.

Yes I really like it I've always heard great things about it if you go to www.ttckit.com it will list the herbs included.

Conceive Easy is the name it goes by here are some of the ingredients angelica sinensis, Glycyrrhiza uralensis, Viburnum opulus, Apis mellifica, Rehmannia glutinosa , Thyroidinum, Paeonia alba, Panax ginseng, Sabina, Agnus castus, also called Vitex, Thlapsi bursa pastors.

I am definitely going to go back to using it I really think it helped. Oh yea I'm also taking a prenatal vitamin called prenate mini its prescribed. Are you also taking those with the mucinex?

I am sorry I just saw your other post about the link dont worry about it lol.

[baby_dust]

<a href=

10 years ago

I'm on so much it would make your head spin. DH teases me:)

75mg dhea to help egg quality. Bonus lost a little weight.
400iu coq10
Asperine
Vit d
Folic
Preg vit

I'm all for simplifying

My drug coverage doesn't cover the vits strangely enough

How you doing this cycle so far

Girl yes! I'm so with you on the simplicity I can't remember anything here lately with work and a busy home life. I need to lose some weight maybe I should ask about the DHEA especially since I had a blighted ovum last time.

My DH was looking up herbs to build sperm count today he said I need to look up a tonic to make him better at this, lol. If it were only that easy...

My insurance covers my prenatal vita but it covers so little its a shame! Thats was one reason I chose one of the prenate vita they have coupons. Yay! Check it out it has a lot of what your taking in those vita not sure what the cost is but it might help with the quantity of pills your taking.

I've been doing okay this cycle trying to stay positive AF just left so now the countdown begins, yet again. I have started back taking the prenatal vita and my conceive easy pill this is bottle #3. Hoping since I miscarried on Dec 5th I will ov the same this month.

Fingers crossed [sticky_vibes] & loads of [baby_dust] for both of us!

Now how are you doing this cycle?

<a href=

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo