Community post

Discussion

Can't start IVF because I keep getting a cyst on my ovary

Hi I'm 43 y.o. and I've been trying to conceive off and on for 2 years. I have endometriosis and had 4 fibroids removed 3 months ago. I have been seeing a RE who I has been trying to regulate my hormone levels, so I can start IVF for about a year. My FSH has been as high as 60 to currently as low as 3. The problem is that now that I've had the fibroids removed and my hormone levels are in range to start IVF treatment, I have a cyst on my left ovary. My RE placed me on birth control to get rid of the cyst last month, but it didn't. The cyst got bigger. He put back on birth control for another month to try to get rid of the cyst again. It seems as, if I keep getting a cyst on either ovary every other month, which is making impossible to start IVF. It's especially frustrating, because my hormones tend to fluctuate and may not be in range again for months. It seems like it's never going to happen. Has anyone else had this experience with cysts? If so, what did you do?

6 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Hiya,

I'm not in a similar situation per se but I did have a cyst (which was from endo) on my ovary and it was removed by laproscopy. I then went on prostap winch is a progesterone injection to prevent the re growth of endo. It had been 3-4 months since I came off the injection and fingers crossed nothing yet (had ultrasound last week and no sign of cysts, or pains). We'd been TTC for 6 months prior to laproscopy and we're on cycle three of trying after, no luck so far. I don't know if any of that may be relevant for you, but thought I'd share just in case.

Xx

8 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I've never heard of that, but I will definitely look into it and ask my RE about it on my next visit. Good luck! I hope that you get your BFP soon!

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi, Sorry to hear about your cyst. I too have been suffering from endo since 2013. In Dec 2013 under gone surgical lap to remove ovarian cyst. It had been roller coaster ride for me since. Me and hubby took a break over a year and started again in May 2015. As i am 34 doc suggested to directly go for IVF but since my tubes were open he thought of taking a chance for IUI since i had never done IUI before. Unfortunately Baseline scan showed 2 cyst on left ovary and one cyst on right. Doc suggested to cancel IUI and suggested to go straight for IVF but wanted to monitor the cyst and suggested that before IVF the cyst should gone or reduced.
From CD3 of my period he put me on BCP for 21 days and gave one shot of lupron. He mentioned that this will help reduce the cyst.
My best wishes with you and good luck. I am positive that your cyst be gone soon. TC

8 years ago

Thanks for your reply. Good luck to you, as well. I will update you after my next dr's appt in 2 weeks.

I just wanted to give an update. I went in for my CD3 hormone level check and ultrasound. The cyst was gone! My hormone levels were finally in a more ideal range! So, now the IVF process can begin. I go in today so they can show me how to inject medications. I'm praying for a successful cycle!

Hey Hi Harperiscoming,

I glad that the cysts are gone and things are pretty good.
I completed my bcp and then had my Endometrial biopsy. Today i started my period and tomorrow will be going for scan and blood work.

My best wishes :) for you for your journey in IVF. Will keep you posted after I have my reports back.

TC

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo