Community post

Discussion

CoQ10

5+ years TTC #1 for DH... Grasping at straws after several mc's & cp's... I would appreciate any info on CoQ10 for both male & female fertility... LP defect- CL cyst dissolves prematurely resulting in cp's & mc's... Also was diagnosed as perimenopausal in 2009 (age 26)...

I've tried:

Flax Seed Meal
Maca
Fertilaid
Vitex
B6
Green Tea
EPO
Soy Isoflavones
Omega 3-6-9
Royal Jelly
Red Clover
Raspberry Leaf
Nettle Leave
Himalayan Liver Care
Wobenzyme
Folic Acid
Iron
Baby aspirin
Geritol
Zinc
Vitamin C
Preseed
Kelp
Total Body Rapid Cleanse
Wholefood Vitamins (34 ecoganic foods)
Prenatals

DH has tried:

Fertilaid
Maca
Zinc
Vitamin C
Omega 3-6-9
Men's vitamins
Folic Acid
B complex

I don't know how much more we can handle at this point... Considering seeing how our bodies respond to CoQ10, if I start a new cycle in December... Any info would be appreciated- even success stories... Would even appreciate knowing if it really improves general health & well-being for men & women- as it is supposed to improve cellular energy & regeneration... I'm almost 31 he is 28... This journey has run us down so much that neither of us feel much like ourselves anymore... I'm seriously considering just making it a part of my daily regime (along with my daily wholefood vitamin & Liver Care) & having DH do the same thing & just let nature take it's course... At this point, I'll be lucky if I can convince him to try CoQ10 for a month or 2, & I can pretty much guarantee that he won't unless I serve it up to him every day- he's just about as burnt out as I am...

Are any of you considering giving CoQ10 a shot?

11 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Replies | Last Page

Thats a pretty long list of stuff u've tried, have u tried them individually or together? If ur gonna spend the money on pills and u really want to try COQ10, I highly recommend spending the extra bit it costs and buy Ubiquinol. Its more easily absorbed than Ubiquinone (COQ10), so u require less pills. Both myself and the hub have been on Ubiquinol for over a year, we noticed an energy boost (nothing crazy tho) and an overall "healthy" feeling.

Just out of curiosity, dont feel obligated to answer, but why is DH taking pills? Count issues?

If u want, I can hit u with a list of everything myself and the hub have been taking for our journey. Sometimes the pills ur taking work better when combined with other pills.

10 years ago

I've tried individually & in different combos... I have also been displaying several signs of autoimmune disorders since I was a child... Wondering if CoQ10 could help me on a cellular level- & maybe help me to develop healthier eggs....

Signs of autoimmune disorders:
Alopecia
Severe eczema
Pleurisy
Arrhythmia
Reynaud's Syndrome
Galactorrhea (Sp)
Kidney involvement
Spleen involvement
Hepatomegaly
Frozen muscles
Numbness in arms & legs randomly
Chronic widespread pain
Occasional anemia
Plus I don't store sodium, potassium, or vitamin D properly...

DH has been working with heavy metals for about 10 years- including welding with galvanized steel... He has worried that it has affected his blood toxicity & therefore resulted in poorly developed sperm .... He drinks dandelion tea & takes milk thistle now whenever he has to weld with galvanized steel, but we wonder if his body could use more help flushing toxins & creating healthier cells- including sperm...

10 years ago • Post starter

Beautiful Rottweiler- BTW... I have a beautiful 3yo Rottweiler that I rescued just over a year ago... :)

Oh, forgot to mention I deal with Globus Pharyngus, temporary bouts of vertigo, & if my stress levels are extreme, I have extreme allergic reactions to a chemical my body creates under stress...

Damn, girl...u've got a lot going on there. COQ10 will def help u on a cellular level, it works on the mitochondria which is the powerhouse of the cell. Idk if it will have a big impact on the AI issues ur having. Have u spoken with a doctor about that part?

As far as the husband, he wants antioxidants. Selenium, Vit C, E, Folic acid, COQ10. He could also try Dong Quai (urself as well), L-Carnitine and L-Arginine (research this one first, it lowers blood pressure). U can also benefit from L-Arg. It increases blood flow. Magnesium is another very important element required for proper body function. Its one of the most abundant elements in our bodies and a deficiency will affect fertility. Both of u taking Vit D3 will benefit u as well.

I'm not sure how long u two have been taking the various vitamins for, but u need to stick with it for at least 3 months to see any benefits...esp DH.

I took/take:
Vit B12, C, D3, E & Folic Acid
Ubiquinol
Selenium
Zinc
Magnesium
Milk Thistle
L-Arginine (til O)
Dong Quai (til 5dpo)
RRL(til 5dpo)
DHA
Royal Jelly (til 5dpo)
Maca (noticed no diff with this)(til 5dpo)
Soy Iso's
Black Cohosh (cd1-12)
Prenatal
Clomid
Preseed & Softcups

Hub takes:
Vit B12, C, D3, E
Selenium
Zinc
Magnesium
Milk Thistle
Ubiquinol
L-Carnitine
L-Arginine
Multivitamin

Have u had a SA done on DH yet? Maybe request clomid or FSH injections. If ur having cp's and ur thinking LPD, they can give u progesterone supps. U should definitely get on ur doctor about these issues, esp if ur past the one yr mark and perimenopausal. How frustrated u must be. =((

10 years ago

Thanks for the compliment! =))
Thats my bigboy, Barron...he passed away from Osteosarcoma in 2011, he was 8.

I absolutely LOVE Rotties...Rotties and English Mastiffs. U should post a pic in ur siggy!! =))

10 years ago

I just got my bfp at 42. A lot of what you listed i tried myself at some point. What worked for me was losing weight and for almost 2 months been drinking green tea and taking Ovaboost. It's for egg quality. For me i'm sure it was the combo of the 3.

10 years ago

Dakotagurrl, I can't figure out how to post pics in my signature... I lost my princess Rotty, Harley, to cancer in September of last year- she had 2 different kinds of cancer... We had her leg amputated in the hopes that we could save her, but 4 weeks later she went into multi system failure... I had rescued her at the age of 4, in March of 2010 & nursed her back to health although she wasn't even expected to live thru the night... I got a BFP the day she passed, but I think the distress & trauma was too much for me- I lost the pregnancy 5 days later... I had an incredibly difficult time coping with the losses, and then had the amazing fortune to be able to find my sweet Justice on the 2 week anniversary of Harley passing... I threw myself into nursing him back to health & since then he has helped me cope with several more mc's... My rotties have both been wonderful for helping me cope with traumas & distress... Thank you for trying to help me get to the bottom of this..

Mommy1990, thank you so much for sharing...

If u want to add a siggy, there's a link at the top of this thread, then to add a picture, u post the link to the picture. U would need to put the pic on a host site like photobucket.com, then copy the link from there. That will post the picture directly from the host.

It's horrible losing a pet. Barron showed no signs of cancer or anything. Then one day I felt a small lump on his front leg, assumed it was a bug bite so I left it. It took less than a week and it was a baseball. We immediately took him to the vet and they biopsied it and said it was osteosarcoma and we needed to start treatment asap. We scheduled a front leg amp for the following week then we were gonna start chemo and radiation. From biopsy to surgery was exactly a week, Friday to Friday. He died on my kitchen floor Thursday afternoon. He just laid down, started breathing really fast, I called the hub cuz he had the truck that day, so he left work. Its an 11minute drive from his work to home. In that time Bear had really fast breathing (called tachypnea), lost his bladder all over the floor (thats when I knew it was over), lost consciousness and his breathing went agonal, thats when it slows right down to a few gasping breathes a minute (scary to watch, its a jerking motion). Then it finally stopped. I grabbed my stethoscope and his heart was still beating, but it stopped shortly after. I feel bad for not intervening, I couldve got him back, but it would be selfish...it was his time and somethings just have to be let go. He wasnt conscious, he felt none of it. Hub got home 5mins later. It happens so fast and as much as I miss the hell outta that dog, I would never wish he stay here in pain just becuz Im not ready to let go. I'm sure the stress of ur loss played a large part in ur MC...I couldnt eat for days. Ive been through and seen many deaths and this one just stung.

I really hope u can get things figured out! Sorry for the morbid story, I can edit it out if u want. =((

10 years ago

I totally understand... definitely not too graphic- losing a fur-baby causes very real pain... Thank you for sharing...

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo