Community post

Discussion

Afraid to be excited.

So I have a few things to ask. We just got our first positive last night at 10dpo. first time ever that soon. Been having a bit of pains off to the side of uterus/ovaries area. Is this NORMAL??

Also, with my last one we ended up having him early and doing the NICU thing and also my family isn't ever supportive. You know that story line happiness that everyone is supposed to have?,,,Not my family. They just bog me down and make me stressed. So is it bad that we have decided to wait a few months to tell them so that we can enjoy the beginning of our pregnancy and till we know we are in the clear??

5 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I myself have not had a BFP ever but from everything I have read pains off to the side of uterus/ovaries area are normal and it happens to lot of women throughout early pregnancy.

This is your pregnancy and you have every right to decide when the appropiate time is for you to let your other family members know. There is no wrong or right just what is best for you. on your and I wish you

10 years ago

awww thank you very much. And good luck with your TTC!! Hoping a sticky BFP for you!

10 years ago • Post starter

@devycakes
I have been having side pain since about 5dpo. Went to Dr and they found corpus lutuem cyst as the cause of pain. A few days later I got BFPhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/bfp.gif. Now at 5weeks the pain is still here. I have u/s in 2 days and I can't wait. I know its to early for heartbeat but just looking for the sac.

Hope this helps so that you don't feel alone http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/good_luck.gif

10 years ago

thank you. I think I found the culprit though....GAS. After 2 hot baths, trying to force BM's all day, I finally laid down in bed and man did it all come out. I have been feeling a LOT better since. Still get the pain every now and then but less painful and always followed by gas. IM used to the gas bubbles you feel that feel like a babys early kicks but never this much pain before! I am keeping an eye out for it since I guess one other cause for where the pain radiates from is actually my left side under rib which could be my spleen :/

10 years ago • Post starter

My partner and I just started trying for our first, and we found out it happened the first month we tried. I couldn't believe how lucky we were, as I know how difficult it can be for many couples. I got a faint positive at 9DPO and was so excited; and then I got really bad cramping and seven negative tests over the next four days. I was convinced I had had a chemical pregnancy. Then my period was late. I expected that because I had read that can happen after a CP. Then it still didn't come, so, just for a laugh, I did a test - BFP. I couldn't believe it. Followed by 10 more BFP. I went to the doctor and got a BFP in her office, and was sent for blood tests. At 5 weeks my blood HCG levels were 2200, so I am well and truly pregnant. I'm 6 weeks tomorrow, and due July 26th. I just can't seem to get too excited though, after that scare with the negatives. I'm still cramping on and off, which I know is normal, but I still get light brown cm when I wipe. No bright red blood though. I'm constantly worried I'll miscarry. Anybody have any similar stories? This is a whole new world for me!!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo