Community post

Discussion

Anyone Else Wanting to Get Fit to Increase Your Odds??

Any ladies interested in being fitness buddies?? I myself am trying to shed around fifteen pounds, more if I find something that works. I have hypothyroid and every pound is a struggle that I gain back with one cheat meal... Very frustrating. But I love to run and have been living a low carb lifestyle for a little over a year. I think if we posted regular weigh ins, we could be each others' accountability partners and support on this crazy, beautiful journey to motherhood. We could share tips and techniques.

I'm 190lbs, not easy for me to admit since I'm not 6'3", and I'm up 15lbs since this time last year from stress and eating my feelings. I haven't been this big since being diagnosed. I'm in a 12 in womens clothing, a large in juniors, and I refuse to get any bigger. Who's with me?

User Image

9 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

Yes!

I've just got back from holiday and been gearing myself up to lose weight. I also think I'm the biggest I've ever been, I think due to eating my feelings too, and being more lethargic because I'm slightly down and struggling due to feeling like life's on hold till we finally conceive. I'm working on the mental attitude to it all and our holiday REALLY helped (actually forgot about TTC and just enjoyed life, it was lovely). Anyway, I've not weighed myself in a while and my home scales are faulty but I'm guessing I'm 175-180 lbs and UK size 14 (but pushing to 16 now which is scary for me!). I'd like to be a comfortable 12, and I hope the weight loss will of course be good for conception.

What's your plan for losing weight, and what's your TTC story? Xx

8 years ago

Hi, Bettie! Whew, does a nice rest sound wonderful right about now! My husband is a flight medic in the Air Force so he travels a lot but I stay home with our four year old. We have a trip planned to Disney for next April when our son, who starts school in August, gets his first Spring Break but nothing before then. I may be crazy by April if I don't get my bfp.

We have actually been trying to conceive our second child since November but that's when I came off the pill and the doctor said it would take a couple of months so we really got serious in January. We have been married five years and our son was a souvenir from our honeymoon. We've put off trying for a sibling, thinking it'd be just as easy, and now we are getting impatient. Haha!

I am a pituitary tumor survivor and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in August of 2013 so I am now suspecting that all the damage to my endocrine system is the culprit in our struggles, including the one with my weight. Thanks to my disease, exercise is a very small factor in my weight loss (I typically run between 5 and 15 miles a week, depending on how I feel) so my main tool is diet. I am insulin resistant so I am supposed to eat less than 50g of carbs a day (just for measurement, one 8oz ginger ale has 16g of carbs). I struggle because all my comfort foods are sweet... I am the main cook in my family so I usually do well until I'm alone and don't feel like cooking just for myself. If it's a rough day, I catch myself reaching for crackers or pasta. I am hoping that talking/typing when I am tempted will help improve my choices when I am down.

We got our hopes up this past cycle because, with light cramping after ovulation and nausea, my period never came. All my HPTs were negative so I went to the doctor. She took blood, which was negative, and all my levels came back normal so I am currently on day eight of a ten day progesterone prescription trying to jumpstart my period and keep trying. What about you?

User Image

8 years ago • Post starter

Hey Amanda! So sorry to hear about all your struggles, I hope the meds help this cycle xxx

I have been trying since June 2014, found out through laparoscopy (following intermittent severe bouts of pain) last November that I had mild endometriosis which caused a cyst in my left ovary, that and the endo was removed and I so thankful that I've not had pains since. Was on prostap which prevented ovulation for two months so counting some long cycles before laparoscopy I've technically been trying for six cycles although it feels a lot longer!

We went to fertility clinic yesterday. I had a test and they're happy that I have good amount of follicles and they showed me on the ultrasound screen the follicle with egg that's about to pop (I'm due to ovulate some time in next 48 hours) which was so reassuring as you never really know about these things despite monitoring everything.

But my husbands sperm isn't the best, low morphology and lower (although not terrible count). So although it's by no means impossible we have some challenges. So... How's the keeping fit going? I've done well walking my 10,000 steps (my target for being less sedentary!) but not been great on food intake!

Xx

8 years ago

Hey, Bettie. It looks like we're both in the same boat as far as our health issues go. I always joke that, if I were a dog, they'd have put me down by now. Lol. But the getting fit is so far coming along nicely. The first few days for me are always the simplest and I lose the water weight fairly simply. I'm already down about three pounds this week. I remembered that deviled eggs are an amazing low-carb treat. Ha! How about you??

User Image

Down another three pounds and I have added back in some cardio to help me burn. I still have so far to go but we (my future baby and me) are worth it. I'm hoping it's not just all water weight. Anybody with me?

User Image

I am not sure if this helps, but just an idea. What if you try mixing different kinds of physical activities - dancing, running, swimming etc?

8 years ago

Ok so I'm not an expert on this field, but I've read that exercising 5-7 times a week, doing intense workouts can hurt your chances of becoming pregnant and that you should be doing light ones 3 times a week. I'm paraphrasing but I saw it the girl on finally-pregnant.com post it and then I read it on livestrong.com as well.

Your BMI shouldn't be less than 15 or more than 30 so I guess the middle is the optimum BMI. But then I heard BMI isn't as accurate of a system for everything but not sure how that applies for pregnancy. I think that being at a specific weight does matter.

8 years ago

right is the great sharing, I always wondered whether I should exercise regularly or not?

8 years ago

i'm gearing up to start a beachbody program trying to eat healthier to prepare for a healthy pregnancy

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo