Community post

Discussion

heartbroken

I don't even know where to start. I am so heartbroken. Yesterday, I was 7 weeks pregnant and woke up bleeding. I immediately felt like I was going to throw up, I just knew it was over…I told my husband I was going to the ER since it was sunday and my only option. He tried to get me to wait it out, some bleeding in pregnancy is normal but a woman knows her body and to the ER we went. As the bleeding and cramps worsened, so did the tears. I cried the entire time I was there. My husband was so amazing. He was by my side for everything. HCG came back at 59, ultra sound showed no baby. The doctor diagnosed me with a threatened miscarriage, she thought my HCG might be so low because I was too early in the pregnancy. She wants me to have a blood redraw in two days to see if the number doubles. I know better. I know it's over. I came home to a ton of cramping, took some motrin, grabbed some heating pads and took a nap. When I woke up, I passed a huge piece of tissue and down the toilet went all the joy and love that I felt over the last two weeks.
I woke up this morning feeling so empty. Last weekend was so different. I couldn't wait to tell my immediate family, everybody had so much joy for us…seeing their faces light up...
I know that miscarriages happen, I work in health care. I know it wasn't anything I did wrong. It just hurts so much. After ttc for 5 months and then finally seeing that double pink line, I had big plans for that little tiny human.

6 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I'm so sorry for your loss, know that someone is praying for you. My heart aches for you! Hugs and lots of prayers your way!! Don't lose hope and keep the faith. God will bless you when the time is right. Please remember everything happens for a reason trust in Him!

8 years ago

Oh, Amora, I am so very sorry for your loss. While I have never miscarried, I can imagine what you must be going through after TTC for a chunk of time. I am going to say a prayer for you and your family, hoping a second chance at a BFP will come quickly and bring healing with it. My heart goes out to you, sweetheart.

User Image

8 years ago

I am so sorry for your loss, i pray you find comfort and strength at this time. May your grief be short and rewarded with a sticky bfp very soon. Take heart darling.

8 years ago

So sorry for your loss hun. Don't be afraid to cry as that is a normal part of grieving. Hopefully you will get pregnant with a healthy baby soon hun. Stay strong. Wish you the best.

Have hope. Always trust in God. Be positive. That is what I need to remember through this journey~ Baby dust to all

8 years ago

am so sorry for your loss your story brought me to tears,
I too have had a miscarriage at 7 weeks on Christmas day me and my partner were only 19 yrs old at the time and it was our first,
its the most heart breaking thing anyone can go through but i do believe that it happens for a reason,

i believe it was a test to see how strong me and my partner was as a couple and it did indeed prove we were very strong as we have now been together 9 years and are happily married with 3 boys and trying for baby #4

anyways after our first loss we found out 6 months later i was pregnant again and every thing was fine, his now a healthy 7 year old!

don't give up hope and don't push your partner away, cry scream and shout TOGETHER and you will get through it and have a beautiful health baby soon x

8 years ago

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I really appreciate them, it helps to hear that other people have went through the same thing and went on to have healthy pregnancies. It's been almost 3 weeks now and I'm doing a lot better. My husband has been amazing through it all. The first week was the toughest and it has gotten easier, although I will always wonder about the little angel that I didn't get to meet.
I know there is a lot of mixed views out there on when to start trying again but I chose to start right away. The miscarriage was quick, I only bled for 2 days and emotionally I am ready. Hopefully I don't even get AF next month. I'll keep you informed!

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo