Community post

Discussion

TTC AFTER DEPO. My story

I was doing alot of research after stopping my depo shot injections and I could never find any outcomes after the initial posts. So I would like to share my story to help others in my situation now that I am pregnant!

Start off. I am 23, I have a 4 year old healthy little girl. I started the depo shot October 2013, had 3 cycles and my last injection was in July 2014. I did not get my period after my second injection which was nice, however I was getting serious migraines and my blood pressure was going up and down so my doctor decided to take me off birth control as a risk for having a stroke (I also smoked). I was due for the shot in october 2014, didnt get the shot or any other birth control or my period. Decided to take a pregnancy test due to several other symptoms and it was negative. I had enlarge breasts that were so unbearable I couldnt move my arms, my stomach was getting bigger, my hands and feet swelled up, I was nauseous, overly exhausted and still no period! I decided to use conceive easy and it got my period jump started but I bleed ALOT! I had my period every two weeks(a tampon every hour sometimes I had to change it twice in a hour) it was one week on one week off, which I saw there was others that had the same symptoms after stopping the depo. so I am not sure which was starting the 2 week periods but it was exhausting and expensive! This started in December and stopped in February. I had two regular periods and by May first I got my BFP! After $150 worth of pregnancy tests and several doctors telling me to wait it out, I finally got to say I am pregnant. Blood work was confirmed and I am now 5 weeks and hopefully I have a healthy pregnancy.

** Words of advice if TTC after the depo 1. buy cheap online tests or dollar store brand instead of investing in Clearblue or FRER until you have already missed your period. FRER I did get my BFP around 12-13 DPO but that was after 5 boxes trying to get my positives early. I saw all these women that get BFPs on 5-10 dpo and I felt like I was already out and started buying expensive tests hoping they would give me a different answer. Everyones body is different. 2. charting is also a great idea! Thats how I feel I got my BFP. Its hard to use a internet ovulation calculator and it always be correct, it gives you a great idea of when to look for ovulation days but charting the first month, getting to know your cycle and trying the next month will definitely enhance your chances if you are consistent. 3. If you haven't gotten your period, dont get your hopes up when your tests become negative, it is rare that you can ovulate before getting AF. Jump start it, Conceive easy helped me but I only used it a month and battled with auto payment and getting refunded. Try asking your doctor first or use some natural remedies to get your AF. Dont stress so much, it will happen, give it time!!! It took me from October 2014-May2015 to conceive (7 months) and it was work. I took vitamins, detoxed my body and changed my smoking/drinking habits and it all worked out in the end. This month I also took Ovulation tests that were positive before I got my BFP and they do work!! I hope this helps!

GOOD LUCK!

0 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo