Community post

Discussion

7 weeks pregnant unsure about conception date

Me and my boyfriend were planning on having a baby as we both felt ready and it was the right time. I was going to start using ovulation sticks and read on the package that you're supposed to start using them on day 14 with a 28 day cycle.

My last period was on the 15th of March. On the 24th I had unprotected sex with an ex which my boyfriend now knows about. This was a mistake.

On the 27th I used the ovulation stick which was negative but me and my boyfriend decided to have sex anyway. I used the OP stick a day later which still came back negative.

On the 4th of April is when I got a very faint line on the OP stick. We had sex the day before.

My clearblue pregnancy test came back positive on the 14th of April stating I was 2-3 weeks pregnant on the test which on the leaflet states it means I was 3-4 weeks pregnant.

I'm just wondering if there is a possibility I could have ovulated earlier in my cycle instead because the pregnancy test came back positive quiet early or if the ovulation sticks were wrong?

1 Reply • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I found out that I am further along in my pregnancy than I thought. I actually had what I thought was a period (turns out it wasn't) and then used ovulations sticks as directed on the box. It cam back as ovulating. I later found out that it could actually mean that you are pregnant.

So yes, you could have ovulated earlier or even had a fake period like me. The only way to know for sure is with a dating ultrasound.

User Image

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo