Community post

Discussion

Trying to conceive after an ectopic pregnancy....

Category: LTTTC (Long Term Trying to Conceive)
Posted by Ebony83 » 3 days ago

Hi There

last year I unexpectedly fell pregnant April 2014. I have a 13 year old daughter from a previous relationship and been with my current partner for 10 years this year.

From very early on in the relationship we stopped using contraception but nothing ever happened, not once. In December 2013 I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes which my doctor told me apparently I could have had for the last 10 years without knowing due to various different side effects over the years that I had suffered with.

4 months after being diagnosed, taking medication and embarking on a more healthy diet and exercise I fell pregnant however, the pregnancy was confirmed as a left tubal at around 5wks. I was closely monitored and as my HCG levels were slowly declining the hospital allowed me to naturally miscarry without any surgery or medication.

Since then I have been intent on getting pregnant again but just as I feel it might happen, AF shows month after month.

I am currently still dieting, exercising, taking diabetes medication called Janumet which contains Metformin, drinking green tea, taking Don Quai, serrepeptase, folic acid and have recently just started Castor oil packs which was just before ovulation this cycle and I am now 6DPO in the TWW but so far nothing.

Its very disheartening every month when it doesn't happen and while its easy to keep thinking positive the reality of staying positive is slowing fading away month after month.

Is there anyone out there that has had similar issue or knows someone with a similar issue and had/ have the finally happy ever after ending I so desperately want?

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Sorry to hear of your experiences. I dont have any experience of the diabetes side of what you are going through, but in 2012 I had an ectopic and lost one fallopian tube so was expecting it to take a long time to conceive again but it only took 7 cycles. I now have a beautiful daughter.

Have you had any investigations about why you didnt conceive in all that time? Are you at a healthy weight now or still a bit more to go? I also had just lost a bit of weight to go on hols when we got pregnant.
TTC again now and hoping it doesnt take too long! Hope you get your BFP soon x

Remember: 'hurt people hurt people' - dont let those around you be collateral damage of TTC! x

8 years ago

Well my doctor suspects that my infertility was due to uncontrolled diabetes which would explain why I conceived not long after being diagnosed and taking medication.

I was just about beginning to give up and AF was due 4 days ago. I tested the day it was due and it was a BFN and tested today and there was a very faint line but nevertheless it is a BFP!

I am in complete shock!

Hope you get your soon too x

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo