Community post

Discussion

'Pregnant 1-2' yesterday, followed by 'not pregnant' today?!

View Full Post

Hi,

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 5 months. I am 34 (nearly 35) he is 38. Previously I was pill for 18 years!

Yesterday I was 11dpo. With FMU I tested two cheap internet dip sticks and they had VERY faint lines. I uploaded the images to this site and 84% of peeps said it looked positive, so when I got home (after not drinking or peeing for 3 hours) I did two more dip tests and again a very faint line appeared, so I decided to use one of the Clear Blue Digitial tests that I had bought a few days ago. It came up 'pregnant 1-2'! I was so happy and told hubby when he got home from work, who was also really happy!

I have been charting my BBT and my temps have been going up and up, this morning (12dpo) it was 36.85, it has never been this high, and this time last month it had dropped back down by 11dpo ready for period a few days later (I have 29 day cycles average). So a high reading this morning looked really promising!

However I did another Clear Blue Digital test this morning with FMU and it said 'not pregnant', and the dip sticks had faint line, but looked a bit fainter than yesterday I think, but hard to tell.

So now I'm confused! Have I had an early loss and would it show a difference that quickly, just over night? Although I was having some crazy cramps yesterday evening, but then I've been getting mild cramps through whole of luteal phase.

Or was one of the tests lying to me? Remember the positive test was with afternoon pee and the negative was with first morning pee! ...so I'm stumped. I'm assuming this morning's 'negative' is correct though as in theory the morning pee should be stronger?

Hubby is off work today, so he's going to go and buy me some more tests to do when I get in from work this evening and tomorrow morning. If they come back with a mixture of answers then I will see doctor, if they all say negative then I think I will believe them.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could I still be pregnant, or is a negative a 'negative'!

xx

89 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 89 Replies | Last Page

Darn it, I hate that. I'm sorry :/

Gah I tested and I had pink on the top and bottom, this has happened twice now so I'm no more confident than I was three days ago. Still no AF, no suggestion that she might rear her ugly head any moment, you just never know about her though! I feel like I'm getting super faint lines, but I don't really know. I've posted a few tests and people say they are either negative or 50/50...thaaanks. Lol. I tested this morning but used second urine, so stupid it super diluted. As soon as I saw it I knew I should've used first, so tomorrow! Here's hoping! Still crossing my fingers for you pregnancy is strange and different for every one, not over till the AF shows!

8 years ago

Oh and I've reached an all new level of crazy...I went back and looked at my tests starting at 12 dpo and have convinced myself they all have faint lines. Coocoo...I hope my straight jacket is pink when they come for me...just like my imaginary lines!! Haaa

8 years ago

Haha! It's easy to imagine things isn't it, or convince yourself of something!

It's sounding promising for you though if AF is staying away! :) good luck!

Have you tried not drinking or peeping for 3 hours in the afternoon? That pee is much stronger than FMU for me! Like treacle! Haha! But I have to make sure I drink loads afterwards and in the morning or I'll get dehydrated!

hope AF stays away for you!

xx

8 years ago • Post starter

I have considered trying the 3 hour wait, but I keep having to go...tonight I am doing this thing at a boutique and I'm hoping I'll be so busy I can hold it the entire time and test after! That's the plan any ways!

Crossing fingers and legs! LOL

8 years ago

It only works for me if I drink, then wait an hour, have a pee and then wait 3 hours with no drink or pee!

If you keep having to go, maybe that's for a reason!

xx

I held it for 3 hours and that was a bfn...grrr so annoying! I feel a little periody tonight and had a little teeny pink tint when I wiped after that 3 hour wait, so that's not real promising. I wish it'd just hurry and get on with it already! If we're not doing this let me know because I have some great wine in the fridge I could be drinking!!!!!

8 years ago

AF has arrived for me this morning!! Which was expected, so let's get on with this next cycle and let's make it a good one!

...hello May!

xx

Awww bummer, but like you said now it's a possibility! No AF for me yet and that pink tint was maybe nonexistent...nothing since, though I was on my feet all night...I dunno. I hate the not knowing. I'm not testing again until Monday at least!

8 years ago

Fingers crossed for you! x

Thank you ma'am!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo