Community post

Discussion

'Pregnant 1-2' yesterday, followed by 'not pregnant' today?!

View Full Post

Hi,

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 5 months. I am 34 (nearly 35) he is 38. Previously I was pill for 18 years!

Yesterday I was 11dpo. With FMU I tested two cheap internet dip sticks and they had VERY faint lines. I uploaded the images to this site and 84% of peeps said it looked positive, so when I got home (after not drinking or peeing for 3 hours) I did two more dip tests and again a very faint line appeared, so I decided to use one of the Clear Blue Digitial tests that I had bought a few days ago. It came up 'pregnant 1-2'! I was so happy and told hubby when he got home from work, who was also really happy!

I have been charting my BBT and my temps have been going up and up, this morning (12dpo) it was 36.85, it has never been this high, and this time last month it had dropped back down by 11dpo ready for period a few days later (I have 29 day cycles average). So a high reading this morning looked really promising!

However I did another Clear Blue Digital test this morning with FMU and it said 'not pregnant', and the dip sticks had faint line, but looked a bit fainter than yesterday I think, but hard to tell.

So now I'm confused! Have I had an early loss and would it show a difference that quickly, just over night? Although I was having some crazy cramps yesterday evening, but then I've been getting mild cramps through whole of luteal phase.

Or was one of the tests lying to me? Remember the positive test was with afternoon pee and the negative was with first morning pee! ...so I'm stumped. I'm assuming this morning's 'negative' is correct though as in theory the morning pee should be stronger?

Hubby is off work today, so he's going to go and buy me some more tests to do when I get in from work this evening and tomorrow morning. If they come back with a mixture of answers then I will see doctor, if they all say negative then I think I will believe them.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could I still be pregnant, or is a negative a 'negative'!

xx

89 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 89 Replies | Last Page

Hi,

It is my chart, unless it's showing up differently on your screen?! I'm called 'daisy1980' on fertility friend!

xx

9 years ago • Post starter

I know the chart says I'm 14dpo, but like I said in the post above, I'm pretty sure I ovulated the day after Fertility Friend predicted, making me 13dpo!

xx

it is probably a glitch, cos i keep seeing my chart instead of yours and i find it weird, but most definitely your description is different from what i can see. which also confirms i am seeing the wrong chart.

Anyway off i go sorry to bother u.

PS my name is same on fertility friend.

9 years ago

Hmmm, that's strange, I had to just put it in as a link, as you can't insert images, so maybe the link defaults if you're logged into fertility friend or something? No idea! :)

xx

UPDATE:

Ok, so I didn't test yesterday or this morning, but this morning my temp has dropped quite a bit, so I'm expecting AF to arrive tomorrow (when it's due) :(

I'm not giving up hope entirely until she arrives, but the 'pregnant 1-2' followed by the 'not pregnant' and fainter lines on the non-digital ones, and now my temp drop would suggest I've had a chemical pregnancy.

I hope I'm wrong ...but if I'm right then I'll take the positive from it in that at least I know my husband and I are capable of conceiving (as neither of us ever have before!) so at least I can take that from it and look forward to trying again next month!

I will test again this evening just to see if it says negative or still faint lines, but I will keep you updated either way, as when I read these forums I always want to know the outcome!

xx

Aw I'm sorry about the temp drop and I'll say a little prayer! But you are correct, you are capable of reproducing which is amazing because so many people aren't!!! No AF yet for me...sometimes I run a day or two late so I'm not super sure over here...I swear I got a faint yesterday but I'm not so sure yet. Crossing my fingers for the both of us! Last night I was thinking that I'm glad we don't have to wait months like those women in the 50s-70s!

9 years ago

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you too! :)

good luck, keep me posted!

I'll let you know if AF does arrive

xx

Will do! Drives me nuts too when there are no resolutions!

9 years ago

How's it going chickie? Able to hold out testing?

9 years ago

I'vebeen getting strong cramps this afternoon, but these ones definitely feel like AF cramps!! Not the tightening feeling I had before.

I've tested with a first response this evening (with strong pee!) and its 100% negative, not even a hint of a faint line!! So I'm pretty sure AF will arrive tomorrow, and because I had a positive digital test, followed by a faint lines, then a negative digital test with fainter lines, and then two days later no lines at all... I'm assuming I've had a chemical pregnancy. Disappointing, but it givese hope for next month as I know we can conceive!

How about you?! Tested?!

xx

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo