Community post

Discussion

Turning into an obsession following miscarriage

Hi,

I miscarried at 9w4d in September. I have since had 1 bleed and awaiting the next (due tomorrow). Every day this week I have taken a pregnancy test.... Sometimes 2 and feel myself just getting obsessed. I used to go to the gym a lot but since my miscarriage I haven't been because I am scared I am going to over do it if I am pregnant. This is making me feel less the person that I was and I am fearful that I am becoming depressed from it all. I really don't know what to do.

I am one of these people that put a brave face on but really inside I am hurting and wish I could just relax about falling again. Instead I'm driving myself crazy and linking all strange body sensations to maybe being pregnant, then getting my hopes up and being disappointed.

Is there anyone else feeling like this or felt like this?

Xx

1 Reply • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Yes! It's horrible. I just had a miscarriage last week at 6.5 weeks. I've been trying to get pregnant naturally for nearly 2 years so this whole loss is crushing.

I've been punishing myself by depriving my body of things I love that could make me miscarry, like caffeine (which I didn't drink while I was pregnant mind you). We haven't had sex since the miscarriage and my husband wants to wait a cycle before going for a baby again, but I am so friggin impatient. I can't stop reading about health and wellness and what to do and how to make it happen faster--and I was never like this before. Ever.

There are a lot of contradictory messages out there:
--> eat lots of meat vs. minimize meat, get protein from legumes and eat veggies
--> don't travel vs. travel actually helps you get pregnant
--> don't eat fish vs. fish helps you get pregnant
--> exercise vs. relax
--> don't drink caffeine vs. caffeine is good!
--> etc. etc. etc.

I say, do what feels right. Take care of yourself. Focus on other things (I know firsthand how difficult that is!). Eat what your body wants (without going overboard of course). And enjoy time with your partner.

You're all good. I figure pretty much anyone on this board is in your shoes regarding obsession.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo