Community post

Discussion

Anyone TTC after recent miscarriage?

Hi everyone,

I had a missed miscarriage back in August. We found out when I was 8 weeks pregnant ( stopped developing at 5 1/2 weeks) and it resulted in D&C in September. This is my first proper month TTC and it is driving me crazy! I'm currently 12dpo 28dc. (My first showed up after 33 days after having D&C, normally I have 28-30 day cycle). this morning :-( I am not sure if I can cope seeing another negative but not coping well with all this 2WW!
I keep having on off AF-like cramps since Monday - for about 4 days now which is very unusual?
Anyone in the same / similar boat as me?
to everyone

14 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 14 Replies | Last Page

I'm in a similar boat. I had a MC in Sept, with blood work that showed that all of the hormone was gone only a week later. Had a chemical in October. I'm now 11DPO for November and got a BFN this morning. On the last two, I got faint positives on 11DPO so I was pretty upset this morning at my negative. Trying to talk myself into things like "It's still early, don't give up!" or "You're not 100% sure when you O'd, keep your chin up!" But it's so very difficult.
is due on Saturday, so chances are I will test again that day or Sunday if I miss. Trying to keep my fingers crossed. For both of us!

is in our future somewhere, right?!?!

User Image

10 years ago

Hi MicheeKat!

Oh so sorry to hear about your losses! It must be devastating!

is due Saturday / Sunday as well so I will try to wait until then before testing again - well that's if I can!
Have you had any pregnancy symptoms this month?
I keep having these weird AF-like cramps for past 4 days and my bbs have been sore for last two days, I keep having dizzy spells as well but I just feel like I'm out this month now! Well up until Monday I felt like I must be pregnant but now I feel exactly the opposite!

I saw a beautiful rainbow this morning and I just hope it was a sign to keep my chin up but I cannot wait any longer for .

It is the most difficult thing I have ever gone through and I'm not sure if I'm stronger enough to go through this for another month!
I really hope it's still early to test for both of us and we will get our this weekend! I really really want an early xmas present this month!
& for the weekend testing!

10 years ago • Post starter

My symptoms are...not conclusive? Not sure how to say that, lol.

I have been moody, tired, and had a few cramps here and there around 9DPO. Bloated and gassy for a while too. My husband thinks I'm nuts. I swore I saw something uber mega faint on my test this morning, but when I had my husband look at it and he said he didn't see anything... my hope sort of deflated.

We are planning on travelling back to his home state around Feb or March, and it would be so wonderful to be able to tell his extended family about the good news in person, ya know?

I have been keeping your rainbow in mind to try and lift my spirits. There is always next month, too. Life isn't over after one negative test. :)

for our Saturday s!!!

User Image

10 years ago

I know there is always the next month but I sooo want it now and I hate waiting for it especially knowing that I had it already!
I've been feeling very down lately so if it won't happen this month I think I will have to stop obsessing and symptoms spotting the next month or it'd drive me nuts!
I really wanted an early xmas present!I know what you mean about telling a good news to family in person. We have a family xmas do early this year - the last weekend in November actually, so I was really hoping to tell them then and our baby would be due in July which is our wedding anniversary! It would be so great but saying that I found out I was pregnant back in July - on our wedding anniversary and baby was due on my 30th birthday in April but it didn't stick :-( So I think I'm planning it too much and if its too perfect it just won't happen :-(
Have you tested again today?
I skipped today, I just couldnt face another but if no show for tomorrow I will do one tomorrow.
I'm glad my rainbow has been helping you too and I really hope you will get your - let me know!

I had a MMC in August at 10w after 13 months TTC, and this is my second month TTC after. I was devistated when AF came last month- I had successfully convinced myself that I was 100% pregnant (although I had a million BFN). After a day or two of wallowing, I decided to completely change my diet (I'm trying a modified Paleo) and started running again. Since I was a high risk pregnancy, I had stopped running, and after the MMC I didn't have the motivation. It has made me feel so much better to know that I am taking control of my health and helping my fertility! Maybe try finding something else to focus on along with TTC, because TTC after a MC is a slippery slope to depression in my experience...

I'm praying for your BFP, and if AF does arrive remember that you have lots of lovely ladies on this site to support you through next month's efforts!

10 years ago

Hi HopefulRN & thank you for sharing your story.

I'm so sorry for your loss it must have been so hard after TTC for several months!

We have been quite lucky as I got pregnant pretty fast the first time but it doesn't mean it will happen again.
Lots of people & doctors told us that I will be super fertile for the first three months after MMC that's probably why my hopes where so high & I did think it will happen the first month of trying!
We don't use any fertility little helpers though and we are just hoping it will happen all naturally again! I have only started symptom spotting this past month but I think I got a little bit too fixed up on that! And since Monday I have started to feel very depressed but like you said yourself I will start and try to concetrate on something else instead even though I know it will be hard to stop me thinking about it though!
I am on a healthy mission for last few month actually! I have stopped smoking last February and I have always been a healthy eater! I'm doing Pilates & Joga and trying to avoid BPA - apparently it does affect fertility as well - it is in all plastic bottles & tin & cans.
I do believe in power of crystal & gemstones so I have bought the ones to support fertility & heatlhy pregnancy & wearing or carrying them daily!

When is your next due?
I have fx'ed for you too!

Thankyou for your support and
TO YOU TOO!!!!

Hi EmaC15! My last AF started 11/6, so I have a while yet! I have "thin" PCOS, meaning I never have any idea when my period comes. Double frustration! My last cycle was 38 days, so we shall see. I am using the CBFM (this is month 2 with it) and it did show ovulation last month on the day I had Mittleschmertz so I believe it works. We are also following "The Sperm Meets Egg Plan", which basically means BD every other day and every day during high fertility. Hopefully this is the month!

That's really interesting about the gemstones and crystals, which ones are supportive of fertility? This is definitely something that I would like to research!

Have you noticed that the entire world seems to be pregnant right now? Baby bumps everywhere I turn

10 years ago

Baby bumps and talk of babies ARE everywhere. I just keep telling myself, "It will be my turn soon."

I tested with a FRER yesterday morning, and got a BFN. I was moody all day because of it (shame on me for letting it get to me that way)...and when DH got home, sent me away to get a pedicure. I did as he asked and I'm glad I did. I also purchased 2 dollar store tests while I was out. I've never used these before, and I wanted to try them. I used one last night after a 4 hour hold, and got another BFN. Then I began to research...which is how I cope with things like this, haha. Turns out my lutal phase is one day longer than the average. So while I was 12 DPO yesterday, I suppose the hormone levels would be as if it were 11DPO? I'm just making excuses for my BFNs...coping mechanism, I guess. I tested with the other dollar store test this morning, and the control line was mega light. I think in my before-dawn-stupor, I didn't put enough drops in the well. *shrug* I'm testing every morning until that witch shows up.

is due tomorrow or Sunday. Keeping fingers crossed. My symptoms so far include increased acne (it's gross, seriously), bloating, gassy, moody, tired, and some cramping here and there.

Anybody else have an update? Glad to see some newcomers!

User Image

10 years ago

Good luck!!!!!

10 years ago

AF showed up today. Right on time. So as it turns out, I WAS crazy and NOT pregnant. Not even a little. Lol

Silver lining? Im treating it like a uteran reset after my chemical last month and a miscarriage the month before that. My body apparently needs it. Maybe a BFP will be my gift to DH this year. (He's so hard to shop for anyways.) ;)

On a separate note, I have a small rant that I think only you fine ladies will understand. I'm friends with one of my husband's coworker's wives in Facebook. She's preggers with baby #3, and posts pictures of her belly from time to time. That's fine, I am happy for her. But, yesterday she posted a picture of herself before she was pregnant in which she had on a belly shirt with a caption that said, "I miss my flat belly :(" SERIOUSLY!?! Sorry. Done now. Blocked her posts for a while.

Best of luck to you all next month. Let's keep in touch?

User Image

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo