Community post

Discussion

I told my DH "no more".

My infertility story is long, so I'll skip it for now. We are bless with one DD. But my DH and I always talked about having 3. However the world has other plans. And IVF is so dam expensive. We did an egg retrieval, last weekend and ended up with only two B grade 6day blasts. They are frozen now, and have been biopsied for PGD. I should be happy. but i'm not. My husband would like to do another retrieval, before doing PGD. I have FXPOI, so time is my enemy. We both want more kids, but at what cost? My DH knows that trying again down the road will be more difficult, both financially and with poor results. so it's only logical to try and get as much chances as we can now... while we can. It's not that I don't want to do another retrieval, but it would mean completely wiping out our savings. We already sold anything extra, all our stocks and used our tax refund money. And our last bit of savings was to put towards a new house. So I told my husband no. It's just not smart to spend all of our money. And I know he is hurt. Tomorrow I have to tell my lab our decision. And I feel guilty. I feel guilty because I feel like I should want to spend the money, I should want to do what ever it takes, money is just money, right? I don't know what to do.

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I understand your financial dilemma. My dh & I went through a similar financial situation. What helped was writing down a plan, discussing what if, what next (if the first thing didn't work ie save more money & try again with supplements, donor egg or sperm if needed, adoption & something I didn't think of at the time was embryo adoption...). We mulled things over and eventually made our decision. I know this probably isn't much help & you don't have much time, but hpoe it spurs on some new ideas & more discussions between you & your dh. You'll figure it out.

8 years ago

Thanks eat2nourish. I guess I really needed to just vent. Infertility can be so stressful by itself, but add financial stress to the mix and I think it can make anyone go crazy.

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo