Community post

Discussion

TTC on OII and timed IC

Hi all, I'm new to this so apologies in advance if I don't have the lingo ????. My story is a bit long winded so please stay with me if you can ????

So my hubby and I have been TTC now for almost 5 years. We were TTC on our own for approx 2.5 years and in Nov 2012 when nothing seemed to be happening we took the steps to seek further advice and assistance.

So, we were referred to a gynaecologist and our first app was set for Feb 2013. She done all the regular scans and couldn't detect anything and advised that I have symptoms of PCOS but that it may be what they call 'morphology of PCOS' (I think that's what she called it).where the symptoms are there but it doesn't show in the scan.

She prescribed clomid and timed IC but before we could start, hubby had to have himself checked out also. Between waiting for appointments for him and then his analysis showed a higher than normal white blood count and getting further tests and an antibiotic, it was September 2013 by the time we could start the Clomid. This didn't work for us an I started to bleed (like a regular period bleed) but the bleeding continued for a little over a yea with breaks of a day or two here and there. It was the worst year I think I ever put down ????. My gyn didn't seem too worried about it and referred me to the fertility clinic as there was nothing further she could do.

We got our appt. with the clinic in May 2014 and had a trans-vaginal scan which showed that I definitely had PCOS. They advised that they would do OII with puregon injections and a trigger shot once the follicles were big enough. The clinic was only new in my area and were using my Gyn's office for consultations and so they asked me to wait to start treatment once they were in their own centre as they would have all the necessary equipment there and would be in about 4 week. I contacted them about 6 weeks later but alas their clinic was not ready and they would contact me. I heard nothing up to the end of October (and then hubby and I were heading off on hols for 2 weeks) so I co traced them mid November when we returned. Got my appointment and started the OII treatment in November.

So far this is how it has gone:

Round 1 - follicles did not grow so cycle cancelled
Round 2 - one follicle grew and trigger shot with timed IC - so excited but AF arrived before the 2WW was up ????
Round 3 - 3 follicles grew but clinic won't work with more than 2 for health reasons and sent me for follicle aspiration of one the next day but unfortunately when they scanned before the aspiration, I had already ovulated and the procedure couldn't be done. Another cycle cancelled ????
Round 4 (current cycle) - we Ar today in the middle of round four!! We have 2 good follicles and had the trigger shot on Wednesday at 12.30pm. We BD that evening, thurs morning, thurs evening and fri evening. I hope we've timed it right.

Anyway, that's my long winded and drawn out story of where we are today and how we got here. It's been such a long, hard and emotional process for us. I find it hard to find forums on OII with timed IC. Most are about IUI, so I wanted to start a new thread and get people's experiences and how many rounds did you have to go through to get your BFP.

We are going to remain hopeful this round and will test in 12 days and pray for a BFP ????

Can't wait for the day I see a BFP !!! Good luck to everyone trying out there, it's not an easy journey

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Bump

Can't wait for the day I see a BFP !!! Good luck to everyone trying out there, it's not an easy journey

9 years ago • Post starter

For anyone who took the time to read this, I just wanted to let you know that I got my BFP 14dpo :) can't believe it! After 5 years of TTC! I must have 30 tests done over the last week just to make sure I'm not imagining things...

Good luck to anyone who is in the same boat as me. It's a long journey but worth it in the end. Hopefully all will go well with this pregnancy

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo