Community post

Discussion

HELP! Only seen gestational sac

I need some help!

My LMP dates me at 7w2days yet i had a scan at 6w6days and they say I'm more like 5-6 weeks. That i don't understand. All that they could find was a gestational sac with no yolk sac or faetal pole. What does this mean? Is it a failed pregnancy? Has anyone else been in a similar position with a positive outcome? Please please help me! I'm worrying like mad and i have another 3 weeks to wait before they rescan me!

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

You may have a miscarriage or something. Or u ovulated later than u thought. Sometimes at 5-6wks only a sac can be seen. The embryo is too small.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/ttc-journey-1357020000z30z2z0z7z20z5z0z40-6-3-0.png

10 years ago

I was there 6 months ago, didn't mean to scare you more but mine had a negative outcome. Based on LMP i was 7wks but from the scan i was 4-5wks, nothing but empty sac, and two days later i had mc.
My OB told me that it is still possible to have a healthy pregnancy even the date and the scan doesn't match, maybe you O late or it is a late implantation.
Try to relax and keep thinking positive (i know it is easier to say) because worried and stress don't help you and could be harmful for your little one

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo