Community post

Discussion

Starting Fertility Exams - lets share our progress!

View Full Post

We are TTC almost 2 years without any result. I am 37 years old and we have just started a series of Fertility Exams, in order to see why BFP has not been shown yet. Recently I was diagnosed with a small fibroid of 2cm, about which my doctor told me not to worry, due to its position and size. I am waiting for the AF to come in order to do on the 3rd day the blood tests checking my hormones and thyroid and as soon as my AF stops to have HSG test (that scares me!). In the meanwhile we ll also have a sperm diagram.
This week I had my PAP test and a general blood test (I am waiting for the results)
I am now on DPO 6, again, as always, hoping for a BFP. I dont pay any attention to symptoms, as believe me, during TTC process I had them all!
I would be happy to see your responses and I would be happier to see more BFP announcements!!!!

45 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 45 Replies | Last Page

Ladycarol! Thanx for your wishes! I hope too to have a BFP before the other tests, or at least to feel ok with the HSG test!

Baby Dust!!!!

10 years ago • Post starter

So AF showed up yesterday. I'm scheduled for the dye test next week. My hormone test should be back in a week maybe so until then I still feel at square 1.
This is an emotional roller coaster. In my head I know I should just relax and not keep thinking about it. Yet I'm always thinking about they cycle day and DH is starting to get concerned about being 'ready' on a moments notice.

LadyCarol77 I don't think they were really pushing IVF, they were just stating that the odds of good eggs a lower since I'm over 40. I'm just hoping it doesn't come to that as the insurance doesn't cover it.

kethryes the dye test is the sonogram to see if my falopian tubes are blocked and they want to see about a possible fibroid.

User Image

10 years ago

I see the clinic post some of my lab results online.
I don't go back in till next week and I don't what the values are supposed to be.

Can anyone tell me anything about these numbers:

PROGESTERONE 7.5 ng/mL
HCG BETA, Quantitative <0.5 mIU/mL
TSH 0.79 uIU/mL
ESTRADIOL 102 pg/mL
FSH 6.1 mIU/mL
LH 2.38 mIU/mL

User Image

10 years ago

Hi Iwilliams! I dont know much about your test results, so you have to consult your doctor. Dont worry If they are not at the normal levels, as they can be improved by prescribed treatments.
First of all, I know some levels vary according to the day of your cycle. So normal range is not definite. Also, the results should be read in conjunction with eachother and not separately!
From a research I had done:
Progesterone level rises after AF at a range 5 to 20 ng.
HCG BETA rises with pregnancy. Your level is low indicating that you were not pregnant at the time of the exam.
TSH is for thyroid, and it seems to be normal,
Estradiol shows your estrogen levels, which vary during your cycle.
FSH may show the production of eggs and as I read a normal range for women who are menstruating is 4.7 to 21.5
LH levels vary during the cycle according to the time of the ovulation.

I am not an expert, so you have to show your results to the doctor. Make a note of your last AF dates and the day of the exams and the doctor will tell you if something should be treated.

Thanx for the definition of dye test, this is the one I know as HSG, which I should have after AF arrives. As I see you ll have it before me, so I am waiting you to tell me if it is uncomfortable!!!
Good Luck dear! I wish you the best for your next steps!

AF once again showed up, I didnt expect something different! At least we ll soon know what is wrong and we may treat it!
On Sat I ll have my blood test checking the hormones!
Now I have terrible cramps, so I have to go to the bed...
Kisses to all of you!

Aw! I'm so sorry. Fingers crossed for next cycle.

User Image WE WANNA SEE THE BFP...GO...LIKE...THIS..... Dang it, BFP! Show up for all of us, already!

10 years ago

Hi, I feel better today and ready to keep trying! I had the blood testing this morning and the results will come in a week. Also, we had the semen results which were ok for a natural conceive. That was a great relief!
Also, all the doctors I met told me to stop temping! Temping would just increase my stress! But I am addicted to temping.. It is so nice knowing when I ovulated and when AF will come!
Their suggestion is every two days intercourse, even in days away from ovulation. This will relax us and improve our condition!

Therefore, I pass this advice also to you sweeties.. Relax and enjoy with your partners!

I had the dye test on thursday. It was unconfortable but didn't take that long. I opted not to take the motrin before of after.

Dr said one tube looked great and the other may be collapsed, but he wasn't sure.

As they finished the procedure the nurse asked if I wanted to schedule IUI? Or another procedure to look more at the possible blocked tube.

I wanted to know more about if it was possible for me to conceive. I don't know if they every answered that question or if I asked it directly enough. I did ask how my blood work looked. He said he didn't see any problems with any of the numbers.

So they asked if I had any more questions but those two were the only ones I could think of. How ever once I got home I wonder about the possibility of trying fertility meds before the uncovered invasive procedures.

The center is the only fertility center in a 3-4 hour radius, and I think the other 4 hours away is another of their locations so i really don't have any other local options. The place and the staff are all nice but perhaps its just that procedures pay the bills?

I have read that sometimes a tube could be blocked and just the flushing from the dye test can open up things to happen. So I think I should be ovulating today so we'll see what happens in the next two weeks.

I haven't been exercising the the last 2-3 months (just busy mostly) and I picked up prob 20 pounds. I wonder if I should get back to it. I do martial arts, which includes sparing weekly and I'm want to get more regular on the beach body program T25. I've been going back and forth on the exercise as I know keeping the weight down helps fertility but I'm wondering if the high impact could interfere with implantation. Anyone have any thoughts?

baby dust to all

User Image

10 years ago

Iwilliams, your news look good for you, isnt it? I am glad that your tests look normal. About the blocked tube, why they are not sure? Are they going to give you a more formal report of the results? Did you see a doctor at the clinic or just the nurse? if you show the results to a doctor, he/she might tell you if there is a blocked tube and provide you all the alternatives.
As about exercising, I think normal exercising is good for conception. Dont overdo it with hard exercises, but keeping a low program with the right breathing, is good for conception. I know that yoga and pilates may help, so it seems also martial arts (low program) would help.

I had the dye test (HSG) today. It was too uncomfortable and painful, but it was for short time. They prescribed me antibiotics for 4 days. The only thing that scares me is that I am bleeding. They told me that I would have short bleeding, but I feel that I have lots more than they explained me. I ll see how it will be tomorrow and I may contact my doctor. The results were ok and there is no problem. Also I took the hormonical test results, which according to my interpretations, they seem normal too. I will send them to the doctor for a more professional interpretation!.
Shortly, I will have my ovulation, but after HSG and this bleeding I feel uncomfortable to intercourse. I dont want to miss this month. Any Idea about when I can start bedding? Did you have that bleeding? When did is stop? Thanx!!!!

kethryes ,

I THINK my lab work is good news but they really didn't say anything about it. When I asked they just said there were no problems.

A nurse set up the test and the dr came in to do the actual scan.
The doctor told me what he was seeing has it was happening. He said one tube flowed well and since the other didn't he said it could be that the tube is blocked, damaged or that the dye didn't get enough pressure in that tube.
Apparerntly there is another procedure done under general anstesia that could look at the tube to get more info. I don't know yet if that is covered under my insurance but they will find out.

Right after the procedure they had me remain laying down for a couple mins then asked me to get up SLOWLY. She handed me a maxi pad to put on but I don't think I bled at all. The nurse did say to call the office if I saw heavy bleeding. I would call and see what they say.

User Image

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo