Community post

Discussion

Not Ovulating?

This is my first post on here. My husband and I have been TTC for 4 months. Granted, that's not a long time but because I have other concerns I figured I would ask for some guidance from others with more experience:

I am 26, my husband is 33. I may have sub-clinical hypothyroidism (numbers fluctuate a lot and are currently just out of range) and my doctor is hesitant to treat it with synthroid. The plan is for me to be retested again in 8 weeks. My OBGYN told me she doesn't know if I am consistently (or at all) ovulating because I have irregular cycles and no pre-menstrual symptoms (such as bloating, cramping, or breast tenderness). My cycles can be anywhere from 26 days to 48 days, although usually they are closer to 30 or so. Periods tend to only last about 2-3 days. I don't get clear results from OPKs. I was told to start a BBT chart by my OBGYN. She suspects that thyroid is playing a role in all this, but she said 4 months is too early to seek fertility help and I should wait until we've been TTC for 12 months.

In your opinion/experience, should I really wait that long? Or should I at least consult a fertility clinic sooner?

Thank you for any and all advice!

4 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Thyroid plays major when trying to get pregnant. If its off its really hard to get pregnant. Trying fixing it.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/ttc-journey-1357020000z30z2z0z7z20z5z0z40-6-3-0.png

10 years ago

thanks for your reply. i guess i will try to follow up with my doctor or another doctor about thyroid.

10 years ago • Post starter

because you are irregular i would go for more information.. that wait 12 months is if you are really normal.

User Image

10 years ago

Update:

I followed up with an endocrinologist and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I am now being treated with levothyroxine. Doctor says it should fix the problem(s) associated with under active thyroid.

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo