Community post

Discussion

Hard Stroma?

Hi All,

I went for my first TV ultrasound yesterday, the consultant didn't talk directly to me, only told his assistant what to write in my notes. He said I had pcos and a very hard stroma on one ovary and that the other was lateral (when he eventually found it).

Anyone know what this means? He said he'd write to me but I'm not sure I can wait that long to have it explained :-(

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Well this is what I found out about what stroma is "The bulk of the ovary, both cortex and medulla, consists of stroma. Interspersed in the stroma are follicles, contain oocytes.

Ovarian stroma consists of peculiar spindle-shaped stromal cells similar to fibroblasts and arranged into a characteristic whorled texture. Unlike ordinary connective tissue, ovarian stroma is highly cellular while supporting fibers (both reticular fibers and ordinary collagen) are inconspicuous. Stromal cells associated with maturing follicles may acquire endocrine function and secrete estrogens. The entire ovarian stroma is highly vascular. " -http://www.siumed.edu/~dking2/erg/ovary.htm

Lateral would be the postion of your ovary to your uterus. Which I found nothing bad on accept if both are lateral.
I hope everything turns out ok for you. I hate ultrasounds they never seem to tell you what is going on right away. No, they scare the crap out of you first.

10 years ago

Thanks for the reply, Google's been scaring me :(

And the way the doctor said "looks like a stroma, a very hard one too I'm afraid"

Doesn't sound normal or good :(

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo