Community post

Discussion

New- Trying for Number Two!!

Hi! I'm new to these boards (though I used the charting and the symptom tracker before I conceived my first).
I'm having an awful day and could use support...

I am still breastfeeding my first (he's almost one) and I haven't had my first period, yet. But, based on my temps it looks like I ovulated this month! Well... 2 days ago I got a clear as day BFP. I even took another test and sure enough. TWO BFPs. The next day: another two.
But, something was fishy. I was only getting positives on this one brand. Every other brand I took was negative. I thought they were just really sensitive. But, this morning I took one (of that same brand) and it was negative.
So I went to get a blood test at the Doctor's... also negative.
So, bummer. Four false positives.
I'm so sad and frustrated and very very tired!!
I'm 15 dpo and my temps keep increasing... and there is no sign of AF. Is there still hope for me this cycle? I think I'm out :(

1 Reply • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I wouldn't totally count yourself out yet. I'm not sure how the blood tests work, but with the OPK's once your surge has passed, they will go back to throwing out negatives. perhaps your surge had already passed by the time you had your blood test (maybe they test for something other than just LH surge?) I have read in a number of places that once you get a positive on the OPK that there's no need to keep testing. the surge can last a couple of days or it can be over in as little as 6 or 12 hours. If your BBT is looking good, I would take that as a positive sign.
I can imagine it would be really difficult to get a good gage on your ovulation schedule if you are not getting your period.
Best of luck to you!! Hopefully you will get your soon.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo