Community post

Discussion

Clomid Buddies

Hi everyone! I thought it would be fun to start a thread for those of us who are starting clomid or who have been on it for a little while.

I am on my first round of 50 mg that I start tonight. I am doing cycle day 5-9, and am very excited! My DH and I have been trying for 15 months. I am 28 and he is 31. SA, HSG, and cd3 & cd21 labs are all normal. I spot every cycle usually starting from ovulation on, so my GYN prescribed progesterone suppositories as well to hopefully help with that! I'd like a few ttc buddies that are also on clomid so we can go through this with support!!

Any Clomid success stories out there? Well good luck everyone!!

8 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

are you doing IUI or ICI?

~ Nissy ~ User Image

10 years ago

Hey! No IUI or ICI, just timed intercourse! Do you have experience with Clomid?

10 years ago • Post starter

I am going through IUI with Clomid and a HCG shot, the side effects of clomid are wonderful, LOL (Hot flashes) I hope that the clomid works for you, have you had any side effects?

~ Nissy ~ User Image

10 years ago

I actually have not had any side effects, but I am only on day 2. I really hope this works too. Did u try just Clomid without IUI? How long have you been ttc? My GYN said three months of this only and then we have to re-evaluate. I just don't want to go to the RE as my insurance doesn't cover anything for fertility!! So, we'll see!!

Hi girls! I am on my fourth cycle of 50mg clomid. Looks like this cycle is not going to be a good one. My estradiol is very low and indicates I am not growing any follicles :( It is so frustrating! If I don't ovulate this cycle they will probably put me up to 100mg next cycle. I have had such a variable response each cycle. Sometimes I have fantastic follicle production and progesterone levels, and sometimes not. I rather feel now like clomid is not going to make it happen for me. They say that most people who will respond to it fall pregnant within the first three cycles of taking it. Well, we are outside that now. I wonder if taking 100mg makes the side effects worse? I am still having hot flashes every night and sometimes during the day and I took my last pill 6 days ago. It is frustrating that I can get the side effects but not the main effect!

10 years ago

I have never done clomid without IUI, this is my second IUI and I am hoping it is the lucky one :D I have been trying to conceive forever 4+ years hoping for my first baby. We have male factor infertility that is why it took us so long to get to this stage of the game, but now that we are in it we are excited!!!! My health don't cover anything as well but luckily IUI is very affordable so we went with that. Best of luck to you both!!!!!!!!!!!

~ Nissy ~ User Image

10 years ago

hi ya'all! i am on my fourth month of clomid. first month 100mg no ovulation confirmed with a u/s. second month 150mg no ovulation w u/s. 200mg no u/s but got MY FIRST EVER POSITIVE OPK on cd20. no bfp... but this month on 200mg i had a confirmed ovulation w u/s and pos opk on cd15, I'm 1dpo :)... i have hot flashs at night and sometimes the day , i have cry cm so i take fertile CM supplements and THEY WORK THIS MONTHS SO MUCH BETTER! HIGHLY RECOMOMEND that fertile CM i got it off amazon. i also take ovulation boost and vitex. i also take 500mg of metformin i have pcos :(

User Image

10 years ago

Wow ladies! Hopefully these fourth cycles are working for you! Any luck??

Well I did start experiencing side effects!! I has crazy hot flashes and crazy mood swings!! :) I never got a pos. OPK so cd21 had an u/s that revealed I had released two eggs and my lining looked thick and healthy! So I started progesterone supp. that night and today I am 8dpo! I going to test 11dpo!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo