Community post

Discussion

Has anyone experienced anything like this? worried-ectopic?

Hi all,

This cycle I had every symptom that made me believe that I had conceived. I even had very light pink (what I thought was) implantation bleeding on 9DPO. My period was due at 14 DPO Sat the 18th. On the evening of the 16th I began (sorry if TMI) to bleed bright red it started light but got increasingly heavy. The strange thing is that it was early and I had no cramps AT ALL. I usually have terrible period pains. Instead I just had a terrible headache and this bleeding. The bleeding was heaving just like a period..not light like implantation. It was bright red, though. It continued through Friday. On Sat, the day my period was due, I only had light spotting and then it stopped completely except for very light brown spotting only when I wipe. Last night I took a Wondfo test and got a very light positive. Today with FMU it was negative. I have never had a period like this and I am afraid that I may be having a tubal pregnancy. Has anyone experienced this? Do you think this is ectopic or chemical pregnancy? Or am I just being paranoid?

I would be very grateful for ANY input that you can offer. I do not believe that there is a chance that I have a viable pregnancy right now so it will not hurt my feelings to hear that. I am just afraid and could use some reassurance. Thanks in advance.

7 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Hey there,
Sorry to hear the worry you're going through. I'm afraid I can't offer any similar experience but I would say visit your doctor to put your mind at rest. Xx

9 years ago

Thanks BettieLK,
I have decided that I am definitely going to go to the doctor on Wednesday. Due to things going on this week that will be the soonest that I am able to go but I am going. Today I took 2 Wondfo tests and both were very faintly positive. I think that I bled too much for there to be a chance that I'll carry a pregnancy but I feel that something is definitely going on. I'll update and let you know what I find out :)

9 years ago • Post starter

I would go to the doc asap, because I had an ectopic myself in Nov and what you are saying sounds like my situation, but for me the spotting started right away like within three days I had spotting which I though was implantion bleeding, because it was just spotting at first. Then I tested and got a positive test and it just want down hill from there. I starting bleeding pretty bad to where I thought I was having a miscarriage, but then it would stop. I want to the doc and they told me I had an ectopic. I had no pain no really bad cramps at all nothing but bleeding, so def go to the doc asap...good luck

User Image

9 years ago

Thanks Tasha,

I am very sorry to hear that you had to go through that. It has been what I am afraid of. Can you tell me what they did to treat the ectopic pregnancy? Were you able to try again on your next cycle? I think that I am putting off going to the doctor because I do not want it to be true. I know that if it is true it is true whether I go or not...but not sure I can face it yet...Is that ridiculous?

Of course not, bring worried is very real. Just ensure you see someone as soon as possible to look after your own health? I'm not sure if you're in UK if so perhaps ring NHS direct today? Xx

9 years ago

I am in the US. Was able to get an appointment for tomorrow late afternoon. Wondfo was negative this AM with FMU so I am starting to think that may have just been a chemical pregnancy...better safe than sorry, though!

Confirmed it was chemical pregnancy, not ectopic. -Just updating

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo