Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

151 - 160 of 952 Replies | Last Page

SOMEDAY: it makes total sense to me that your mind is playing evil games with you, but I'd be willing to put money on it that your bloating, etc is a direct result of the meds working. You don't feel the huge ovaries and puffiness until you are getting close to retrieval, so just try and stay calm and patient. Have you been listening to the audio files I sent? Have they been of any help?

MNOR: Wow. My heart goes out to you yet again. I'm sure we all relate to your notion of 'not feeling whole without a child' and also totally understand the association between intamacy with your husband and the feeling of inadequacy. I'm a firm believer of 'honesty is the best policy 100% of the time' but also understand that he really just won't fully get the full meaning of what you are saying and especially the fact that it isn't him.

Sex is so very important to men, and if they don't get it, their confidence wanes as does their spirits. This isn't fun for either of you. Does a glass or two of wine help you relax and take down your guard? Do you feel like you could engage simply on the basis that you love your husband and want to do something for him?

Ugh. I really don't have advice, but I feel for you both and absolutely can relate. I'm not the best at remembering that my husband is going through things as well, and as much as I need him to be my rock, I need to be his pillow.

Good luck to you all.

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi ladies. At my appointment today the doctor still did not see my left ovary but did see 8 or more nice little 8mm follies on the right. Looks like things are going well. I have another appointment Friday morning.

MNOR: Considering all that that the two of you have been through, it is no surprise that intimacy has suffered. If you are not happy then your husband needs to know it. I would just make sure to communicate the reasons why very clearly. Men have a tendency to assume every problem is thiers to fix. When they can't "fix" it they feel helpless. I hope things improve for you.

User Image

10 years ago

Hi ladies!

Someday- glad to see that all is going well in your cycle. Exciting that you have 8 follicles already :) wishing you the best! As for the meds, I've heard of people icing before injecting to reduce the "burn"... Have you tried that before?

Mnor- sorry to hear that you are having issues with the hubby, what you describe I think is very normal foR anyone going through infertility issues. Sex becomes a chore and intimacy gets lost. My hubby is a "fixer" and gets frustrated when he can't just make a problem go away. He also doesn't like to talk about his feelings as he thinks he needs to be strong for me... In the end I'd rather have him share, so I know that my frustrations are validated and he gets to get it off his "chest". I've recently made him have more open conversations about everything including bringing back intimacy into our relationship. Good luck and I'm sure that you'll work through this and be even stronger.

As for me, I had another baseline attempt ultrasound yesterday that showed a "cyst" on my left at 20... They did my estrogen levels and they were at 365... Which is perfect for one mature follicle. The dr thinks that the bcp didn't work on me and that this cyst is in fact a follicle... But because of the bcp my lining is only at 6 right now. He had me do an ovidrel trigger last night and we get to try the old fashioned way for the next 2 days and then wait 2 weeks to see if it worked.

If it doesn't, I get to start the whole process all over again and go back on a different bcp to start a new calendar....

Roller coaster ride it is... At least I feel like this cycle wasn't wasted/skipped.

Hope everyone has a great day :)

10 years ago

Awhittaker: You are on quite a ride. Please keep us posted. I was able to get the burning to ease up by pushing in the plunger verrrrrrry slowly and exhaling slowly as the meds are going in.

I have another appt tomorrow morning for an ultrasound. My follies were 8mm yesterday so hopefully they are growing strong. I'm having ovarian pressure on both sides which leads me to believe that I do have a left ovary and it is busy! Lol. I also had my first experience with FSH induced mood swings today. I went from 0 to sobbing jag in a space of about two seconds. 45 minutes of bawling my eyes out later I am sitting here still trying to figure out why I was crying in the first place. Good practice for pregnancy I suppose.

Mnor: How are things for you?

User Image

10 years ago

Awhittaker - Sorry this cycle didn't work out for ivf. I am hoping that follie turns out to be the lucky one! It is hard to differentiate between cysts and follies. All a cyst is is a fluid filled sac and so is a follie, the only difference is the time they show up. I am currently working in a classroom with a woman who is about 34 weeks along and she got pregnant while on bcp! Kind of made me mad at first that she got pregnant on bcp while I can't even get pregnant with ivf! Haha! But she is obvious proof that you can release an egg even on bcp!

Someday - Glad to see your follies are chugging along nicely! I found that with menopur, which also stings like a b*&%$ going in, that if I draw it up in the syringe early and then let it sit for 15-20 mins that the sting is reduced. Also, going super slow like you are doing. Is it a med that you keep refigerated? If so letting it come to room temp first may also help.

Mrs. Fridley - Any upcoming appts? Have you made any baby purchases yet?

As for me, dh and I talked a bit and it's a little better but not solved. He views a lack of physical intimacy as a decrease in emotional intimacy, I.e. I must be cheating. He has always been insecure that way. He turns into a total girl lol. He was engaged to a girl before me and she cheated on him, so he has his own insecurity issues to work on. I reassured him that it's not him but what I am going through. As far as sex goes there's good and bad. We still haven't been able to because AF finally showed! After some coaxing from provera...

Talked to the ivf coordinator and I will be starting bcp tomorrow, having another hsg on March 3rd, starting lupron on March 6th and fet will be on April 4th! Feels so great to be looking forward to an actual date again!

10 years ago

Mnor: I'm glad you have a date. I am so proud of you for hanging in there and continuing to work toward your goal. It takes quite a woman to keep a good outlook like you are. As far as the hubby goes, it sounds like you have your hands full for sure. Have y'all considered counseling?

Here is my update as of Feb 21.:

On my right side there are 7 visible follies 11, 10.6, 11.8, 10.4, 11.1, 10.1, and 8.1 mm.

On my left side (yay they found the left ovary) there is one follie but its a strong one measuring at 12.3.

My lining is at 1.09 cm.

I'm guessing these are good numbers since my doc seems pleased. Hopefully I'll get more good news at my appt. on Monday.

Take care ladies.

User Image

10 years ago

Someday: those numbers sound great! How much bravely/menopur are you swimming with each day? 10mm for lining is great, mine never gets over 8 when I did the iui ultrasounds.

Do you mind if I ask as to what your diagnosis was?

10 years ago

I'm doing 300 iu of Bravelle daily (split into two shots). Our diagnosis is male factor. My husband had a spinal tumor and having it removed saved his life....unfortunately it also left him unable to ejaculate.

User Image

10 years ago

Hi all, I'm glad to hear that things are going a little better for everyone.

AWHITTAKER: CROSSING FINGERS THAT ONE FOLLICLE IS THE ONE!!!

SOMEDAY: your numbers sound great and what great news on finding that ovary. Just a few more days now!!!

MNOR: You have new dates!!!! I can't help but continually feel like this WILL happen for you. I don't know why, but the feeling is all-encompassing. You WILL be a mother.

I'm glad to hear that things are a little better with the husband. I do hope open communication lines help to grow your intamacy and feelings of trust. But as the old woman in this group (I'm making an assumption but still think I'm right) I cannot stress enough the importance of physical intamacy in a marriage. None of this IVF journey is easy, for any party involved. And we all have different needs. For your husband it sounds like his need is to feel his connection with his wife. My heart goes out to you all.

As for me I'm just now finally getting an idea that I might be pregnant. I've gained 10 pounds and had to bump up the 36C bra to a 38D. The women at my work are vocally tracking the size of my busom. It's kinda hysterical. Thank goodness we are a small regional office with no HR representation present!!!

I'm having an elective 4D ultrasound done on March 3rd. There is a company in town that has a $99 special that includes 10 minutes of ultrasound, a DVD of the whole thing, some pictures, and up to 16 guests may attend. My family is scattered across the continental US, but Hubby's family is all right here. This will be an opportunity for both to see what the first of the new generation will look like. The Hubs is an only child and my brother an his wife have no intentions of children. In other words, this baby will be absolutely smothered with family trying to get a piece of her. My mother already told me and my husband that 'we know it's no longer about us right? And that she loves us, but we are a far second.' Yes, Mom. I knew that. And am actually beyond happy about it!!

HUGE LONG DISTANCE HUGS FOR YOU ALL!!!

10 years ago • Post starter

Mrs: That is too funny. Its great to hear your pregnancy journey and definitely makes me hopeful. I tend to err on the pessimistic side of things to avoid being disappointed but hearing your story makes it hard to not get excited.

Our final u/s appt before retrieval is in the morning. I'm excited about it but a little worried at the same time. Earlier this week I was feeling major pressure and fullness in my lower abdomen along with some stabby type pains on occasion. I'm still quite bloated but I'm not having any of the sensations that I was. I'm scared I may have ovulated ahead of schedule. To be more exact...I am terrified I may have ovulated ahead of schedule. I've been very regimented about my meds so hopefully I'm making a mountain of a mole-hill.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo