Community post

Discussion

Retained tissue?

This month is Going like last month did. after taking the medication the doctor gave me it made the bleeding stop for 1 1/2 weeks and than on the 12th of this month I started to bleed just like before i stated taking the medication.I have been getting small chunks of tissue about every 2 or 3 days than i will have bleeding Than 2 to 3 days later it repeats with the small bits of tissue. I am Going to Save the next round of tissue for the doctor and i am going to ask for a ultra sound as the doctor never did one on me the first time i went in for the bleeding to see if there was any retained tissue.I have been filling Nauseated on and off,and also a little dizzy too. Does this sound like I have retained tissue that is having trouble passing on it's own and should the doctor have done a us when i went in for the bleeding this last appointment. Also how did you gals know you still had retained tissue? I fully miscarried on the 27th of July and Bled for a couple days than spotted for a few days. Than the bleeding for a month started on August 26th and than on September 25th the doctor Prescribed me Methylergonovine 0.2 mg, I was told to take it for five days straight and the bleeding started subsiding September 28th and than on Monday the 30th the bleeding Fully stopped until the 12th on this month.

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

So sorry for your loss :( I miscarried in April and had a small amount of retained tissue. They could see it on an ultrasound which I had done a week after my miscarriage. Then, I had another one a couple of weeks later which fortunately showed that it had all gone. I was told that if it hadn't then I would need a D&C. I was pleased not to need one as had fully miscarried but you might need one to get rid of the last of it and get you sorted out. Hope it gets resolved soon! That must be so hard to deal with.

10 years ago

I didn't know that I had retained tissue until after the fact. I went for my 1st u/s at 7wks/6days on 06/28, I had an empty gestational sac (blighted ovum). Waited several weeks to do more u/s to make sure there wasn't a baby hiding. After much discussion with my OB, I took misopristol to induce mc on 07/19. I bled that day all day. Then it slowed and 4 days later I started bleeding heavily again. Talked to the OB and she said that the misopristol didn't get all of the tissue out but she thought after that it did, she even did an exam (but no u/s or blood test for hcg levels). I was waiting for quite some time for my first cycle to come, and in the 3rd week of Sept I checked my hcg levels, they were slowly dropping. I figured by Sept. 26 they were down to zero so when I was bleeding and having severe cramping (much like labor pains and less like menstrual cramps) I just figured that this is what the first cycle after mc was like. Then on Sept. 27 I passed a mass that ended up being the placenta. I had my hcg levels checked 3 days later and only then were they down to 4 (which is considered negative). It took a very long time for my body to get back in the swing of things. It's not good to have retained tissue, and if you are in doubt, you need to take your temperature often and if it is high, call your OB as that could be a sign of infection. Also, if you have any discharge or bleeding that is very foul smelling (sorry to be graphic but I wish someone had warned me about all of this), call your OB. Speak up for yourself with the medical professionals if you feel that there is something going on with you that is not being addressed. Hang in there, it really does get better. I have now finally had a first cycle following the mc and have had a positive ovulation test. I am now 4 DPO and in the two week wait.

Oh, something else no one told me, because my hormone levels were so high with the retained tissue and such, I am now experiencing cystic acne on my face (the hormones are obviously all out of whack). My point is, if you experience that, that is normal as well. And DON'T touch it if you get it and don't put anything on it except to wash it, if you want to avoid scarring.

Good luck with everything, I promise that you will get to a point where you feel like you've come out on the other side of this.

Baby dust sprinkles to you my dear!

06/28/13 (blighted ovum) 01/10/14 (MMC) 04/28/14 (chemical)

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo