Community post

Discussion

TR 2 yrs ago ttc, took Prednisone got preg, but miscarried?

I had a tubal reversal 2 years ago. Not one positive pregnancy test in that time. Two months ago I broke out in a serious rash, was prescribed prednisone, low and behold 4 weeks later I was pregnant.. lost the baby at 6 weeks due to a miscarriage.. am so lost.. did this help me get pregnant? did it cause the miscarriage? In my shoes would you try the prednisone again?? would love any advise or opinions...

4 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I am so sorry for your loss...
I would ask my doc if it could b linked to your miscarriage I would also Google it to see if there is any connection...
does it say on the packaging "do not use if pregnant or planning a pregnancy"
If you doc says its not liked to mc & there is no warning on package to b honest I would try it again!!!!!!!!!
hope this helps
x

10 years ago

Thank you so much for your reply.. I am trying to see the brighter side of things these days.. and that is that I CAN GET PREGNANT :) ugh.. well I have read a ton on this and my OB says there are just not enough studies, but taken in low doses that it's not a large enough risk to the baby if I were to try it.. cycle day 2-6 I did soy iso which is supposed to help me O (a natural clomid) and cycle day 7 through af or BFP i am taking 10 mg of Prednisone. I have seen a lot of doctors will prescribe this if there are issues with miscarriages, but also with IVF.. my doctor gave me the green light but says to not give my hopes up.. she wants to put me on clomid and do an IUI.. we will be trying that in January if my "home remedy" doesn't do the trick! fx! What's your story as far as ttc? similar to mine or have you been ttc for a long time?

10 years ago • Post starter

im ttc since July 2011
Had a chemical mc aug & then a mc at 8 wks in Nov 2011... nothing since ntil i got my BFP yeaterday...
Thrilled & anxious!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would agree wit trying it since it may have helped & doc said it wont harm u!!!
Have u tried any fertility aids???
Do u do ovulation tests???

10 years ago

oh my!! Congrats!! fx for you! hope you have a hh9m.. I do use the ov tests.. not always sure I read them correct, but as far as fertility aids? umm well tried angus cactus one month, made me 4 days late, and then now with the soy iso... what did you use to get your bfp? anything?

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo