Community post

Discussion

Looking For A Cycle Buddy TTC

Hi! So I have long cycles (average of 41 days, not set in stone, but with ovulation around CD24). I am currently 12dpo, feeling hopeful, but was hoping there might be another lady (or twelve!) with long cycles who are flustered by the lack of solid information for us that would like to be each other's support as we try to get that all-consuming . While I'm hoping we only need each other one cycle, I'm a pessimist and know I'll probably need you longer.

A little about me: I am 27, very happily married to an Air Force medic for five and a half years. We got pregnant on our honeymoon with our 4 year old son very easily but now, after sorting out hypothyroid disease, we have been TTC since January 2015 and I am feeling very hopeful. It seems all of my friends have no problem conceiving so it's hard to talk to them and my DH is already over my baby fever, which is why I'm here. I ovulated two days earlier than expected this cycle (April 2nd) but, as it happens, we had been pretty active a few days prior and the morning of, plus a few times in my fertile window and once or twice since (just fore fun ). Starting on April 8th (6dpo), I have been getting what I sincerely hope are symptoms. These include dull cramps and twinges which have come and gone after the first two solid days, a headache (that could be this ridiculous pollen), a constant but not heavy presence of CM that is white on the underwear when I notice it, tender breasts that alternate between aching, tingling, and itching about 25% of the time, and a daily though not overwhelming appearance of nausea (something I never had with my DS). Also, flatulence and the oddest butterfly sensation in my belly multiple times a day that is like a mixture of nerves and excitement, causing my belly to just, like, turn over. Plus, today, I have just started feeling like I'm getting sick (drained, exhausted, headache, weak) but with no other symptoms (sinus drainage, fever, swollen lymphnodes), just like a zombie all of a sudden. All of these could probably be easily explained away but them happening together, starting at the same time basically, and continuing together really gets my hopes up. I tested on both 10dpo and 12dpo with the cheap tests from Dollar Tree and both were . I will try again in two days but AF is not expected until the 20th, if she's on time, the dirty wench.

User Image

4 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Meeeee!! lol I have about 45ish days cycles and today is Cd 12. I have pcos and I'm not sure I ovulate....I just started temping, literally days ago, just to see if there's a change.

I'm beyond frustrated with it all, lol!!

Yes, I would also like a cycle buddy!! :0D

8 years ago

Hi, JLee! I am so glad I found a kindred spirit!! I know what you mean about the frustration. Most of us loooooove to obsess on the internet when we're TTC but I guess we're in the minority with our shy cycles or there's just not enough research on our conditions to give us sure things on what to look for. I haven't done this much math since graduating college ("if a regular cycle is 28 days and ovulates on CD14, my 41 day cycle should ovulate on...um...carry the four...")! I don't know much about PCOS but I know it only serves to make everything much more difficult than it already seems determined to be. While I don't struggle with my ovaries or my ovulation (that I know of right now), I am a brain tumor survivor, having had a bean-sized tumor pinch my pituitary in half, taking my menses with it for eight months and now struggling with hypothyroidism, so I know how angry we can get with our bodies when we feel like they are just not doing as they're supposed to do.

Do you have any other children or are you TTC your first??

User Image

8 years ago • Post starter

So I am now on CD43, 19dpo, and has yet to show her face. I can't decide if she's just late as part of an even longer cycle or... do I dare hope...? I tested last Saturday (16dpo) and got a so the mild cramping I have had the last few days I have contributed to af but I usually only get cramps immediately before starting (a good cramp, blood shed, no space inbetween). I'm scared to test again because that witch has a bad habit of showing up just hours after I test, as if to add insult to injury. I wish I was a regular kind of girl, then I'd have more certainty one way or another...

User Image

I don't think I have ever been so pleased to see AF finally show her hateful little face but, after a 64 day cycle and a progesterone regimen, we may be back on track. Thank God. I was so worried I wouldn't menstruate and what that might end up meaning. So, yeah, CD1 again for me and I'll be starting BBT charting for the first time starting in the morning, since I have no way of knowing what this little hiccup will mean for the rest of my cycle and those to follow. I'm going to try one last month before I go on a two-month hiatus to keep from being due on our trip to Disney World next April.

User Image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo