Community post

Discussion

Bleeding while pregnant

Now that I'm out of the woods I wanted to share my story.. I am 31 years old. Tied my tubes when I was 22. Tubal reversal at 28.. One pregnancy on our own that ended in a mc early on. Fast forward a year and we did our first round of IVF.. 23 eggs and in the end we had 5 5d blasts. Transferred 2 fresh and cycle failed. 2 months later we transfered 2 frozen in a FET. 4dp5dt bfp! Betas came back very high and we were sooo excited! 6 w1 d pregnant I notice brown discharge when I wipe before I go to bed.. Trying not to think the worst I go to sleep. Wake up 5 hours later covered in blood.. Entire bed is soaked and I'm balling like a baby.. Hubby is too.. Can't believe this won't work.. Called the doctor in the morning.. He told me to not think the worst.. To just come see him in a couple days and he would run my beta numbers again to see what was wrong.. I was sure I had lost my baby/babies.. No way that much blood could mean things are okay.. And I mean huge first sized clots.. Tissue.. The works. We go in to see doc a couple days later and low and behold.. One beautiful baby still in there.. One on his way out (we had lost a twin). There was also a SCH that was huge right above baby.. But none of it mattered.. I was still pregnant!! Had scans weekly.. Bleeding would get heavy then light again up until about 12 weeks. At 12 weeks the clot from baby b and the SCH measured at 4 inches.. 3xs the size of the baby.. Half way through week 12 I bleed heavier that I ever had in my life.. Clots so big you couldn't hold them in one hand.. Could not leave the bathroom.. Thought dear god.. This has to be the end.. But it wasn't.. It was my body ridding itself of the clot and pushing it out.. The cramps where unbearable and I ran to my OBs office to check on things.. Clot had gone from 4 inches to 3 cm all in one day!!! Baby was doing perfect and I couldn't believe things were still okay. Brown spotting continued until right before my 20th week. Now at almost 23 weeks no sign of bleeding and baby is very active and healthy!! I gave up hope so many times through this.. Please if you bleed early in pregnancy hold onto hope.. It most defiantly doesn't always mean your losing the baby!! Hope there are people out there this story helps! Baby dust to all you beautiful women going after your dreams!

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Thank you for sharing your story, it's amazing to hear all is well after everything you've been through. Wishing you all the very best xxx

9 years ago

Blessings you are doing great and thanks you for being courageous and sharing your story ......God speed on a healthy 9 months.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo