Community post

Discussion

Light pregnancy tests :(

Hi all I am 4 weeks 3 days today and think I'm losing my mind :( my first day of my last period was the 8th of march I had a positive opk on cd 11 and believe I ovulated on cd 12 . On cd 22 (10 dpo ) I got my first positive although very light I then the same day took a digital that confirmed pregnant 1-2 weeks . I then continued to test daily with normal tests ( a variety of different tests ) to see if I could see lines getting darker and for a couple of days I believe they did although still faint but then the tests have stopped getting any darker and just stayed the same with no progression at all over the last week although all still clearly positive I'm now 20dpo and have a bad feeling my hcg should of increased to create a strong positive be now ? I have also done another digital that also still is coming up pregnant 1-2 should it still be reading 1-2 weeks a week and a half after the first digital 1-2 weeks . I'm so confused and stressed as all my tests although positive are looking like my hcg is not rising :( . I feel so depressed and upset I keep waiting for the day my line gets stronger but it just hasn't happened yet , should I have seen a difference in the last week and half since my first positive or am I jumping the gun and getting paranoid ? Any advice much needed , thanks x p.s please excuse typo's trying to type on my phone is so awkward.

7 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Hi Kizzy,

Congrats on the . I say you should stop drivng yourself crazy at home by constantly POAS and book a doctors appointment. Then you can vent your frustrations and concerns with the doctor. They can order a blood test to see what your levels are like.

Try to relax.

User Image

9 years ago

Thank you for the reply I took a frer that was negative today after 11 days of positives but a 1-2 weeks pregnant on a Cbd however I went to the early pregnancy unit for a scan and they can't see anything so are worried it is a ectopic . I had a hcg blood test and my levels are only 11 :( so doom is on it's way no doubt . I have to go back Saturday :( such a hard day don't quite no how I'm going to get through till saturday x

9 years ago • Post starter

I am where you are. I got my first positive last Saturday very faint sunday again faint but a tad bit darker. Monday the same line did blood work to confirm. My first hcg was 12 very low my second was 18. so now im waiting for sunday for my 3rd test. Im not going to lie i cried at my second level because the way the nurse put in it looks like i will lose this pregnancy, my first. Im holding out hope us both that our hcg is just slow rising and our numbers double

My baby 4.13.15

9 years ago

Hi ladies,
I'm sorry to hear about your experiences. Seeing those lines get darker are so important to us but try not to stress out. I know easier said than done but my levels rose kinda slow in the beginning and now I'm 18 weeks. Sometimes it just depends on when baby implants. Don't give up just yet. I'm praying for you guys.

9 years ago

Thank you x however at 4am this morning when going for a wee I felt something like jelly fall out of me followed by a gush of blood that is now continuing so it's the end of the road :( I have never suffered a mc before and just feel so empty but in my heart of hearts even though having positive pregnancy tests for 2 weeks I knew it wasn't right I said from day 1 something was wrong I could just sense it :'( I knew the lines should be getting darker I knew I had no symptoms I just knew it wasn't right I can even remember the night I woke up and thought I'm not pregnant any more :( I will keep all my fingers crossed for you cupcake but even though your levels are slow to rise they have gone up so try to think positive as some people do have hcg that is slow to rise sometimes in the early stages . Another hard day but I need to smile and be thankful that I have already been blessed with 3 beautiful girls 1 is nearly 16 and the other two are 11 and 6 xx

Kizzy,
I'm so sorry to hear about your mc. I was really hoping for good news. I'm glad to see you're trying to stay in good spirits about it. I will definitely keep you in my thoughts.

9 years ago

Thank you , I'm just finding it all so hard this time last week I was eyeing up prams and now I just feel empty I'm trying to carry on as normal but a few times a day I keep finding myself hiding from the rest of the family as I can't stop the tears from coming :'( but they have no idea and I think hubby has forgot about it already. I go to bed feeling empty and wake up feeling the same . It's like I don't know what to do with myself or how to make this better and help me to forget . I just don't want to get up in the morning but I do and pretend I'm fine when I'm really not, I just want this feeling to go away but it won't :'( xx

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo