Community post

Discussion

Don't give up Hope

Hi, i wanted to share my story hoping it may bring you hope. I am 37 and have 'unexplained infertility' I came off the contraceptive implant last may time and my cycles were roughly 35 days, in Jan I hoped against hope we'd done it but af arrived on what would have been Cd45, my symptoms were just pms. 23rd Feb was the first day of this cycle, I had ewcm for a few days 15-18 March which put me back on track for a 35 day cycle, af was due my birthday 29th March, it didn't come so on 30th I tested, it was a bfn with an eva, so i left it a few days and tested again with fmu...... Another bfn, no sign of that second line, I had sore boobs but resigned myself to another 44 day cycle, on day 40 I bought another twin pack of tests, and decided if I made it to day 45 I would test again..... That was this morning, got up and tested first thing, I was completely shocked by the bfp that came straight up on the strip!! I had completely given up but we had done it after all, even with the 2bfns at 15 and 18 dPo. So if ur sat waiting for af to arrive don't give up til.the witch shows her face.....good luck and baby dust to you xxx

6 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Warmest wishes. Well done, you!

9 years ago

Thanks algebra :) x

9 years ago • Post starter

Stories like this.make my heart happy!! Congrats and a happy healthy 9 for you and baby!!

9 years ago

Thanks so much, xx

This is my first reply on the forum. I hadn't planned on ever posting but your story thrilled me. We've been trying for our second child since January and, of course, I jumped and got my hopes up each previous cycle with anything that could have been a pregnancy symptom. I am currently 12dpo but I have 41 day cycles on average. I decided to test this morning and got a negative. I only tested because I feel so...off. I have light nausea, had cramping, increased CM, headaches, breast tenderness, etc. I keep telling myself it's early onset PMS (started at ten days before AF is expected) but I can't help getting my hopes up. You're story is encouraging, so I'll keep testing until "that witch shows her face".

User Image

9 years ago

AMcDaniel - thanks so much for your reply. I'm glad my story has lifted you :) ttc is hard and we put so much pressure on ourselves and we symptom spot when we say we're not going to. I am sure that none of it helps!! I hope this is your month and you get your bfp, xx

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo