Community post

Discussion

Sulfasalazine and male infertility

My husband has Crohn's Disease and is taking Sulfasalazine. I have read that it causes temporary male infertility by lowering sperm count and messing with motility and morphology of the sperm. It supposedly is reversible once he's been off the medicine for a few months. But I have heard of a couple of instances that a woman has gotten pregnant while their husband was on it.

Do any of you ladies have any experience with this medication and have had fertility issues afterwards or perhaps have gotten pregnant while their DH was on it?

We DTD on the 19th and later that day I had a positive OPK (CD11). We aren't trying for another one even though I feel ready for one cuz the medicine makes it seem impossible. So what do you think my chances are of being pregnant this cycle? I'm on CD 23 and plan on taking a HPT on Friday. I'm not expecting anything but I guess you never know, right?

1 Reply • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi,

I have Crohnâ??s and am on Pentasa (same med group).

Have herd that there can be issues but depends on dosage and length of time on meds.

He should consult with consultant as they could Change meds or if poss stop them for a time.

Hope all goes OK.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo