Community post

Discussion

test line much darker than test line

I took a FRER test last night and this morning with FMU and the control line is much darker than the test line. I thought it was usually the other way around. AF is late by 6 days so I'm just wondering if this really means I'm pregnant or could the test be messed up.

3 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

With HPTs it doesn't matter how dark the line is, if there is a line it is positive and you are pregnant - congratulations!!!

10 years ago

really really confused by my stupid cheap internet pregnancy test...would anyone mine looking at it for me...its on the 9dpo pregnancy test gallery

10 years ago

Okay your pregnancy test does look confusing! From the zoomed out test you can't see the colour so looks negative with a partial evap line or something causing a shadow. The zoomed in picture you can see the colour, so that one is confusing as the colour only goes halfway across the line. Definitely something funny about the test.

As you are only 9 dpo even if you are pregnant I would not be expecting a clear result, as that is the most common day for implantation so HCG would not have had time to build up to a point easily measurable by HPTs. Wait 2 days, take another and you will have your answer :)

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo