Community post

Discussion

About the start my first IUI

I have just started my first (and hopeully only) IUI. I thought it would be good to hear from ladies who have done it before and their results etc so we can compare!

Please leave your answers to the following:
1. Drugs used and dosage
2. Side affects felt from drugs
3. How many blood tests and ultrasounds
4. How many follicles matured
5. Day of ovulation and how many days earlier than normal (if applicable)
6. How many eggs did you drop
7. How many IUIs to get BFP
8. Twins or just one?

TTC for 3 years. Me 29 Hubby 28 We were initially told Male fertility, low motility and now we have been told we have 'unexplained infertility' Failed iui #1 Sept 2013 Failed iui #2 Oct 2013 Failed IVF #1 - May 2014 - no eggs were fertilized. apparently my eggs rejected hubbys swimmers in IVF, im still not sure what this is called, but looks like our Fertility issue is that my antibodies may be rejecting hubby....

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi! How exciting for you! I did 4 iuis all BFN:(
I did 2 cycles with clomid, 2 with letrazole. the clomid we did opks, the 2 with letrazole we did iui 36 hrs after a trigger shot of ovidrel. I think I had 4 mature follicles all those times but none worked:( I got to the point where I was convinced that it was just a money maker. however, I have a lot of friends that have children after successful iuis.
tomorrow is actually my retrieval for my 2nd IVF!! our first one was a BFN:( Im cautiously optimistic and hoping we both get our BFPS!!!
What is your drug protocol?
my dr did blood and ultrasounds on cycle day 3 and I took meds days 5-9.
I didn't have much in terms of side effects on either meds except a little bloating toward the end.
However, I experienced crazy anxiety after completing the 4 rounds ( dr contributed it to all the meds making me crazy)
Keep us updated on your progress.
Also: the day of IUI, I always felt very bloated and crampy after for the rest of the day
My DHs sperm counts were within normal range and he had good motility as well (he had a vasectomy reversal)
Good Luck to You My Dear!!!

10 years ago

Hey Hey, good luck with your IVF, fingers and toes crossed.

i was taking serophene from cycle day 5 to cycle day 9, i have a blood text and examination tomorrow at cycle day 12. he was a little reluctant is starting me on meds at day 5, as he usally starts his patients at day 3.

fingers crossed i go in tomorrow and he tells me to take the trigger shot tomorrow night for a friday procedure.

my hubby has low motility, we have been trying for over 2 years with no luck. but fingers corssed for a successful IUI :)

iv started to feel less like myself the last 2 days, since finishing the serophene and a little emotional hopefully it wears off soon

goodluck xo

TTC for 3 years. Me 29 Hubby 28 We were initially told Male fertility, low motility and now we have been told we have 'unexplained infertility' Failed iui #1 Sept 2013 Failed iui #2 Oct 2013 Failed IVF #1 - May 2014 - no eggs were fertilized. apparently my eggs rejected hubbys swimmers in IVF, im still not sure what this is called, but looks like our Fertility issue is that my antibodies may be rejecting hubby....

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo