Community post

Discussion

Hostile Cervical Mucus and IUI (Eeek!)

Hey Ladies, Its my first post on here... So here goes nothing.

Well I'm 26 years old my hubby is 28 and we began seeing my wonderful RE, after 1 year of TTC.. SA was good, tubes are open but I was diagnosed with hostile cervical mucus, in which my mucus is killing his sperm. My doc has now informed me that the next step would be to try IUI. Does anyone have any experience, input, guidance, ect... I guess I just don't know what to expect.. I know success rates aren't as high as I would like but HEY... Ill try anything at this point!

Thanks.

6 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

10 years ago

Hey there! I was just curious how did you get diagnosed with hostile cervical mucous? Just curious as to how they test for that!

10 years ago

I think IUI would help as it gets the sperm closer to the egg, so they have to spend less time in the CM.

You may also want to consider supplements designed to help with CM. I take one, not for hostile CM, but for little CM and it has helped. They are also cheaper than IUI typically.

10 years ago

There's a IUI group on here. It may be a good place to answer your questions.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=39402

Here's an older posting too, no longer active, but lots of questions were asked an answered, may be a good place to read up. There are probably other older ones too, but I happen to have this one link handy.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=36623

10 years ago

I got diagnosed after our semen analysis came back good, HSG came back normal, and the 3rd test was when I got my positive OPK we BD that night and the following morning my RE took a sample of my CM and put it under a microscope to see how many swimmers we had in my mucous, there were only a few.. like 2 or 3 alive. We did a repeat test the following month with the same results, in return our RE said that there should be many more alive and that my CM was killing his sperm. He said that there are many causes of hostile CM but was certain this was the reason for our infertility. Next suggested IUI! :/

10 years ago • Post starter

Assume the hostile cm is somewhat acidic.... maybe worth avoiding foods that are acidic (fried, meaty, sugary) and focus on fresh leafy vegetables and plenty of water. Do a search for 'hostile cm diet' and see what comes up.

It might seem a bit extreme, but if it helps you to conceive your baby....

5 years TTC. Endometriosis and adenomyosis. Surgery. 2 IVFs. No joy. Low ovarian reserve. Is there any real hope? DE IVF = next step. Much higher success rates, but so used to things not working, it's hard to feel too hopeful. Wishing others an easier time.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo