Community post

Discussion

TTC after a Miscarriage

In October 2014 my husband and I had an ectopic loss so we took a 4 month break. After trying again we just had another loss but so much earlier this time.

On March 29th, 2015 (5 days before expected period) I experience some spotting that I believed to be implantation. My OB too believed it was implantation bleeding. So I went about my day with slight cramping and thought nothing of it as so many woman have cramping during implantation. But that night I had no clue what I was going to feel. At about 2:30-3:00AM I woke up to the most painful cramps ever, it was located just above my pelvic and felt as if someone was stabbing me. I quickly walked to the bathroom to find large clots the size of marbles or nickels about 2cm wide. I knew something was wrong so I called my OB clinic and was in clinic 30 minutes later. My OB suspected miscarriage but wanted to take an HcG count to determine it has gone down. Today, April 1st, 2015 I got the call confirming a miscarriages at only 7 for an HcG count. I am devistated but all I can do is wait it out and try again. My husband and I decided to take a break for 1 cycle for the healing process.

A few questions I have are:

Has anyone tried the lubricant called Preseed, and was it successful?
Is it possible that a miscarriage could offset my cycle?
Is 1 cycle ok to wait to TTC again or should we wait 2 cycles?

*My little seed,* *Come find your home,* *Live within me,* *In my womb.* *Grow my precious seed,* *Into a baby to be.* *I yearn to feel you move,* *And kick within me.* *I'll soon await your arrival,* *No matter how long it will be.* *My baby, my love,* *You will soon be with me.* ~*Victoria*~

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

So sorry that you are going through miscarriage. I too had one in the Fall- Sept 2014.

DH and I have been trying since January with no luck yet.

When I became pregnant last Summer I think it was preseed that helped me. The first month I used it I became pregnant.

After the miscarriage I didn't use it right away but for the last two cycles I have been (inconsistently) using it.

No luck last month and I am now in my TWW for this cycle.

My very good friend who had an eptopic pregnancy only waited one cycle and was pregnant right away.

Good luck to you and sending virtual hugs and your way

9 years ago

So sorry for your recent loss. I had a miscarriage a few months ago. My doctor advised to wait 1 cycle. So far I've had 3 periods in 2 months, because yes, a miscarriage changes your hormones and your cycles can be off.

In fact this last cycle was finally a bit more normal. I ovulated cd13, which was great, compared to cd 7 or 8 before.
Luteal phase was also better last time.

In all honesty, I think I hyperovulated this month- because it hurt on both sides.

Anyhow, 1 cycle is perfectly fine to wait. If your body is ready to become pregnant, it will. Don't worry about that part. I have never used pre-seed, though I hear good stories about it.

Best of luck to you. :)

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo