Community post

Discussion

Nervous after a loss

I was happy to get my BFP after a loss in May. I had a loss with my first pregnancy, had a healthy baby, and then another loss. I'm scared to get excited or think about future plans. Of course once you get the BFP you can't stop thinking about it. Thinking sticky this month and for the next 9!

7 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

You could be my long lost sister! I am in the exact situation and am nervous like you, My 1st pregnancy resulted in an early loss, then followed by a healthy pregnancy (which he is now 6 years old). In May of 2012 we were pregnant agin, but sadly resulted in a loss. I basically gave up hope, but still had faith and then a miracle happened and I just got my BFP. DH is happy, but refuses to get excited for fear of a m/c again. I understand completely, but I just feel different this time. I feel good and really positive! The last pregnancy I had, did not start out strong...so I had a funny feeling from the get go. I have faith that our babies are going to be healthy and strong! Here's to a happy healthy 9 months! It's nice to know that we have similar stories! Many blessings to you! :)

10 years ago

And one more thing....enjoy this moment right now...embrace how you feel right now! Don't live in worry...just deal with what comes to pass! :)

10 years ago

Easier said than done unfortunately. Wish I could turn the worry switch off. Good luck to you and congrats.

10 years ago • Post starter

nice to know im not the only one in a similar situation, i lost my first baby in june, i am now pregnant again, but so so so anxious, i know its not healthy to worry all the time, but its so so hard! xx

10 years ago

Oh, you are definitely not the only one. A friend of mine had a miscarriage about a month after me and we were discussing how a positive pregnancy test will never bring that feeling of pure joy and excitement like the first one. Before we knew what the loss felt like. I'm still excited to have a baby and I want this so much, it's just a scary time and there is nothing you can do to control it. I try not to think about the due date or plan anything yet.
In case you want some reassurance, I got pregnant with my son about 8 weeks after my first miscarriage (which was my first pregnancy). I had no issues with him and he is almost 14 months now. I was very nervous, especially the 1st trimester. Each week it gets easier and you relax a little. I guess I need to listen to my own advice.
I get HCG quant levels drawn 2 days apart in early pregnancy just to check progression and ease my mind. It's not the be all end all of diagnoses but it may help.
Good luck and congratulations.

I feel the same way. I got my BFP this past Monday after having a MC in Jan. I keep testing everyday to see if the test gets darker, bc I don't have a appointment until next Thursday and I feel like I'm going to drive myself crazy. I just hope everything is ok. I have mild cramping and pressure on my sides which scares me as well.

10 years ago

How was the appt? I hope it went well and everything is going well.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo