Community post

Discussion

Acne Treatment Systems: is it safe to use while ttc?

The reason I ask this question is because I really don't know but I want to be safe.

I want to start trying a new acne treatment "Beyond Belief" is the brand name.

I wanted to see if anybody here knows anything about if it's safe to do so....I'm approaching my fertile week and I don't want to mess it up. I would hold off starting to use it until after ovulation...... just in case

What do you girls think?

~Butterscotch~ User Image Daisypath Anniversary tickers

4 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hi!! Check the ingredients, especially the active ingredient! They say salicylic acid can cause birth defects. That's in many acne systems. The other common one, benzoyl peroxide(found in proactiv), I'm not sure about. The fact that it can bleach out the piilow you sleep on after you wash your face scares me. If you're still nervous, ask your doctor. I have terrible acne and am ttc so I'm right there with ya!

12 years ago

Hey girl!

It's wonderful you are checking out your options to make sure they are safe!

You definitely have to be careful with acne treatments! They can cause lots of issues in the conception/developmental stage and it's not proven that even all natural acne treatments are safe. Instead, drink plenty of water, eat right (foods high in essential fatty acids, vitamin C, folic acid, and iron, plus vitamin B6 - you can also use all natural supplements as it's very difficult to get the nutrients out of even all natural/organic foods these days ), and keep your face clean. Using an oil-free moisturizer is important, too, since an overly dry face can actually be more prone to breakouts.

Good luck!!

I'm married to the most wonderful, supportive and loving husband! and I have a little cocker spaniel puppy =) My passion is pregnancy! I work with women who are trying to conceive by teaching them the influence that diet has on their reproductive health and how natural nutrition and their food choices can help reverse infertility. I also work with woman on proper nutrition and diet during their pregnancy and breastfeeding/post-pregnancy season.

12 years ago

thank you ladies!
baby dust

12 years ago • Post starter

On the baby center website they say also that Acne products with less than 2% salicylic acid are considered safe to use.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_safe-skin-care-during-pregnancy_1490031.bc?page=2#articlesection4

here is an article for future reference for ttc ladies, its from babycenter which is supposed to be a very reliable source.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_safe-skin-care-during-
pregnancy_1490031.bc

and another interesting article
http://www.otispregnancy.org/files/topicalacne.pdf
Yeah, I'll do some more research online.
thanks!

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo