Community post

Discussion

Frustrated...coming off depo...

I had my last depo shot mid Dec. AF returned in March around when my depo would be due, so we started TTC. My cycles have not been normal, so I did some research and quickly found out the depo takes a long time to wear off. Considering I'm extra sensitive to any medication, this is bad news for me. I've been using OPKs and I've taken a few HCGs just incase...I got one BF FALSE positive in May. So that was a huge disappointment. Even though I wasn't pregnant, I had some hope because once AF came I finally came close to having a real cycle 22 days, rather than 10-16. I finally thought I was getting back on track with having a longer cycle and this time my AF was full blown. Before there would be some spotting or light bleeding. I would only need a panty liner, if that. My latest AF, came in like a lion and went out like a lamb LOL. So I had high hopes that this was it! Then like a knife in my back, a mild AF came on Tuesday. It was very strange. Tuesday night had light bleeding, Wednesday had nothing, then this morning spotting. There hasn't been any BDing during these 3 days either, so I assume another screwed up cycle. I'm super duper frustrated with my body right now. And I probably wouldn't be so impatient if it weren't for the fact my husband is going back and forth about the timing of our last child. I am so excited and ready to have our 4th and last child and if he changes his mind while my cycles are whacked out I'm going to be horribly disappointed.

1 Reply • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi

Hope this helps, I've been on depo twice. First time was for 8 years and when I told my doc we waned to ttc he told me to come off depo and onto the pill for a few months to regulate my body. I used the combi pill for 3 months, than caught 2 months after.

2nd time I had one depo then stopped dead and it took 9 months, then another 3 months on clomid after that, to get my cycle back and get preg.

Could you stand to be on the pill for 3 months to get your cycles back then ttc again?

Good luck xx

User Image Please click my Dragons & Eggs xxx User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo