Community post

Discussion

Saving for Baby: How much and why?

I am WTT until August 2014 and have started doing weekly activities to prepare for starting a family (this will be kiddo #1 for me). This week while the deadline is still a good ways away I decided it was time to start thinking about http://deductiveparenting.blogspot.com/2013/08/countdown-to-ttc-week-50.html.

I based my savings plan more on what is financially feasible right now than on a specific dollar amount I think I need -- $25 per month no matter what, plus stashing any extra cash I have from babysitting or people paying me back in an envelope for later buying stuff used in thrift stores and off Craigslist. In a few months I will look more into the specifics of my health insurance to figure out what I need to prepare for in terms of medical costs, but right now I'm just thinking baby and pregnancy supplies.

Advice and suggestions? How much are you trying to save? What are the biggest expenses I should be planning for? Any great ideas on how to save money on all the maternity/baby stuff?

1 Reply • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Whoops, that link should say I started thinking about "saving up for a future baby". The link goes to my blog post on the subject.

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo