Community post

Discussion

4 miscarriages, no live births, ttc again

Hi ladies - anyone else in my situation? 4 miscarriages over the last 18 months, never made it past 8 weeks, felt pretty broken.

Now I'm back and going to be positive with this one. I'm considering progesterone cream ( well I've bought it) and I'm around 8dpo. 3 bfn over the last few days ( I know, I know) and now going to test again until Tuesday.

Anyone else in the tww window want to join me ?? :-)

18 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 18 Replies | Last Page

Hi - Mmmoreos,

similar boat 3 miscarriages and a very early cp. i'm only at cd 8 this month so you are a bit ahead of me but I'm very much here if you want someone to go through with you. It's terrifying because I know all I want is bfp yet when af comes its a relief not to be fearful of evey twinge or non twinge! it's the nothing that I dread when the 'feeling' just goes. Are you uk or USA based. I've thought about progesterone cream but no sure where to buy it from.

and

10 years ago

Thanks mummy2b???? !!

I'm uk based. Randomly a nurse when I was getting my wisdom teeth out reccomended natural progesterone but I didn't pursue it any further at the time.

It's called serenity and it cost 17£ I think and 5£ delivery from the US. We will see - need to get the BFP first!

to you too. - very best of luck xx

10 years ago • Post starter

I had a miscarriage in April and really feel for you two having multiple :( I am terrified that will happen to me. Don't know how I would cope. Need to get pregnant again first though. I have been TTC for 20 months now. I knew it would be hard (I have mild PCOS) but didn't ever think it would be this hard. The world became a harder place when I found out the truths abou trying to make a baby. Had always intended to have three. Now I will just be incredibly thankful if I get one.

10 years ago

Hi :) I have had two miscarriages. Last one being the end of July. Do u guys normally wait for your first cycle or just ttc as soon as your bleeding has stopped? I passed the baby 2nd September so unsure what that means for ovulation or when my period will return? I'm so lost :( I'm uk based too :) x

10 years ago

Hi Shelob and Emmz1987,

Emmz1987 - I have done both and to no avail! You can read so much about waiting 3 months or trying straight away. I have come to the conclusion that it will happen when it happens and to try to keep myself healthly in the meantime. I can say this today because I'm not having a bad day but tomorrow might be a different story!

Shelbo - yes it certainly changes how the world feels. I have known people who got pregnant around the same time that I did and now they are being born. That's hard. I can't help thinking mine would have played with yours...

I have been referred to a miscarriage clinic and am waiting for the results back on genetic abnormalities, sticky blood and other blood factors. My doctor too bloods for LH, FSH and esterol cd 3 so I can get those results tonight and see if that indicates anything. I had my 21 day progesterone taken which was 15 but was told that it was low and should be closer to 30. So none the clearer on that!

Mmmoreos - thanks for info - i'll look into it for next cycle. I'm trying not to try this month but I thought the same last month but around ovulation didnt have the will power to go through with it - mised chances and all!

Good luck ladies - i'm sure you know there are good days and bad days. Always here if you need a shoulder. And as always

xxx

10 years ago

Sorry Shelob for that typo in your name!

10 years ago

It's so upsetting isn't it :( don't no how it must feel to lose four, two is bad enough :( what makes me so angry is that health professionals won't do anything until you lose three. As awful as it sounds I want to get pregnant as soon as possible so if I lose it they will finally take me seriously!

Before I tried to have a baby I was always worried it would take me a long time to fall pregnant. It's like I have the complete opposite problem. Never thought I would have troubles holding onto the baby, that thought never entered my head.

Fed up of the whole situation like all of you guys :( when will the world give us a break

10 years ago

Hi Shelob and Emmz - sounds ike you both feel like i do. Definitely agree that the world jut needs to give us a break.

Emmz - I know exactly what you mean about thinking getting pregnant would be the tricky part for me, and it's been hard to tell people that it just wont stick...

Shelob - you're right, the world does feel harder, especially when you see people having babies around your due dates. It's so rubbish.

Mummy2b???? I haven't thought about getting my progesterone day 21 tested yet, not sure why my doc didn't suggest it, as I have a feeling my issues are progesterone related.

Fingers crossed for us all ladies!!

10 years ago • Post starter

Mmmoreos it is nice to know you are not alone in your mindset ay? For me I had always thought once pregnant then it was a done deal. I knew theoretically about miscarriages but it never ever crossed my mind we could have one. We will never be the same. Never undervalue the time we are pregnant either! (I hope we all do get (and stay) pregnant soon!!!)

Emmz1987 I couldn't bear to wait a cycle after the miscarriage. I didn't get pregnant that cycle anyway so didn't matter in the end. Still not pregnant and starting my 5th cycle post miscarriage now. If it is an early miscarriage I don't see any reason to wait. My doctor didn't either,

Mummy2be????? I know what you mean about the thinking your kids would have played with mine thing. Two are due the same month as mine would have been. I am having real trouble getting excited for them. I am happy for them of course, they both had issues getting pregnant too. They are close friends too. But I am not looking forward to the baby showers which I have now had invites for. Feels like a kick in the stomach. I was in a room with another woman last night who is also due in October and I couldn't look at her. I came so close to crying. And I am not like that! I can always be happy for people. I know she struggled and had miscarriages too. But it is just so hard to to think the "if only" thoughts.

10 years ago

Hello everyone,

Yes, I too thought that getting pregnant might be difficult but never dreamed of M/C and I normally plan for every outcome as well. The first one I thought a lot of ppl mc their 1st and don't even know about it. So when the second pg came round I was cautiously optimistic until the day I had no symptoms and paid to get a private scan. The sonographer 'found' a heartbeat and I was sent on my happy way. Unfortunately when I had a NHS scan a few days later there was no heartbeat and development had stopped over a week ago by the measurements. When I queried the heartbeat she asked if she had found mine to compare to the babyâ??s and I said no. She suggested the sonographer was inexperienced and only found mine! I would never pay for a private scan now and instead will badger the early pregnancy unit a my local hospital!

On a more positive note my LH/FSH/E2 have all come back in normal range so thatâ??s good. Not working too hard to get eggs fired out!

Mmmmoreos - any update on hpt? Although I have had progesterone test and they haven't come back great the consultant said well we know you are ovulating because you have got pregnant and didn't seem to concerned?!?

It's so confusing and hard work. I spent my early 20's worrying about getting pregnant and my early 30's desperately trying to remain sticky!

How are the rest of you feeling today? Clearly a bit of a down day for me-sorry if i've dragged you down with me!

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo