Community post

Discussion

could this be it? I just want to know!

hi all!

I've been stalking this site for a couple weeks but this is my first post, so I'll give a quick overview of my ttc experience so far. DH and I have been trying for a little over 3.5 years. I was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue and an estrogen dominance, after a year of weekly doctors visits and special diets and handfuls of supplements every day we were burnt out, so we decided to take a break last November and December so we could come back and give it our all in January. unfortunately before I O'd in January we got in a pretty serious car accident, and almost 7 months later here I am finally freaking out over POAS!

I'm on my second month of using progesterone cream to assist in correcting my estrogen dominance, last month i was just thrilled to have reduced so much bloating and swelling that I could wear my old jeans, this month though, I got wiped out with pregnancy symptoms! I believe I ovulated on or around my birthday (7/26), we weren't really even trying this month as we had decided to give the progesterone a few months to get everything in order, but of course we had to BD a few times for my birthday :-) about a week later I was so fatigued I was sleeping for 12 hours, and ready to go back to bed 20 minutes after I woke up. I got nauseous, dizzy, gassy, the symptoms just started piling up and I just kept ignoring them. then suddenly my breasts hurt like crazy! this is not a normal AF symptom for me, so it really got my attention. suddenly I have aversions to some foods and cravings for other foods ( mostly craving fruits and veggies....and jalepenos for some weird reason, lol)

the weirdest symptom I have, is that when I'm not crying over some TV show or commercial, I'm so content and just calm....normally I'm a very anxious person especially about TTC but I just feel so...calm.

unfortunately, I haven't gotten my bfp yet. according to my fertility friend chart AF should have shown up today, or will be here tomorrow. I've been testing on the cheapy little tests I got off eBay, but half the time the control line doesn't show up right so I'm seriously doubting their BFN's. I have a test stick that's been sitting in a drawer for about a year but I'm just not ready to take it yet. if it's a BFN I won't want to go buy more of the expensive tests.

anyhoo, apparently I just wanted to vent to someone other than my poor DH he has been so wonderful and supportive, I'm just so strangely confident deep down that this is finally it, I don't want to subject myself to the repeated bfn's while I wait for either AF to rear her ugly head and knock me out, or my HCG to be high enough to show. my whole family has a history of not being able to get a positive urine test until about 12weeks, my aunt needed blood tests to confirm all 4 of her pregnancies...

I dunno, I'm just so....dazed by the chance this might be real..and the hope that I feel for the first time in so long....

what do you ladies think, am I just crazy? lol

3 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

It sounds like you are pregnant. Good luck and keep us posted.

10 years ago

Thanks conleykr2!

I'm a bit more nervous today as when i woke up to potty at 3am I saw the softest hint of pink in my CM, and ended up laying in bed for an hour praying that it wasn't AF.

When i woke up this morning...nada. CM was totally white, about mid day though hints of brown were in it again (but still only showing up when i check the position of my cervix...which is still really high and different from when AF usually shows) So i'm hoping it's just because i keep poking at my cervix and maybe i'm upsetting it. Because the coloration lightens and disappears if i leave it alone for a few hours.

1-2 days late now (aside from todays weirdness) and AF is usually early and with a vengance...so definitely a weird month either way.

Did anyone else have spotting/discoloration the month you got your BFP?

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi there! Your symptoms do sound really promising. However, if you are doing progesterone supplementation then that will give you lots of pregnancy-type symptoms too. It can also lengthen your luteal phase if you had a short one.

Regarding the brown cm/spotting that is always my sign that AF is on its way. I ALWAYS spot for a few days before AF. And the one time I was pregnant (miscarriage 10weeks) I had absolutely no spotting until weeks later when there started to be issues. However, poking around at your cervix in early pregnancy can definitely cause spotting so I would wait and see if any comes out on toilet tissue or your underwear.

Good luck!!!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo