Community post

Discussion

AF Due today but no sign

I am going out of my mind as my AF is due today but so far no sign. I did a test this morning and it came back negative and now I am stressing about it which I know wont help. But it is the same feeling every month will it be this month and then when it doesn't happen I get really upset.

Does this happen to anyone else or am I just making myself crazy

5 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Hi Mrssheridan

I'm sorry that you have to go through this confusion. I was 'late' once (I think it's nearly a year ago), I tested, it was negative, 2 days later AF arrived. Until then I was convinced that my LP was always 13 days. I guess it's not :-p It was very cruel, because I got my hopes up really high and seriously (naively) thought that this was it. AF is a real bitch! Nevertheless, I'm not implying that your story must have a similar ending. Some women just don't get a positive test as 'quickly' as others.

To answer your question: yes, this happens to practically all of us :-p Not knowing is just VERY hard to coop. Do we allow ourselves to hope or not? I find it very hard to find a healthy balance, but driving yourself crazy at this point is not crazy at all. We all go bananas during the TWW, and definitely if we get these inconsistent signs... And yes, I also get upset when AF arrives and I realize it didn't happen yet again... My way of dealing with it is to spoil myself with some wine and comfort food, the things I tend to avoid during the TWW. It helps to ease the pain and then I find new hope to give it another shot :-)

I hope you get an answer soon!! Baby dust to you!!!

Best wishes

Alice

9 years ago

Thanks Alice your help is much appreciated

9 years ago • Post starter

I know it's hard :-s I try to tell myself that I can't change the outcome either way, but it's pretty impossible not to lose my mind :-s How are you holding up?

Best wishes

Alice

9 years ago

Im ok I just wonder if it will ever happen, but here's hoping

9 years ago • Post starter

You mean getting pregnant? I've had that thought over and over again. I had a chemical pregnancy last month and I realized that I was actually upset because I had to go back to 'will it ever happen' while I thought that we finally got past that phase. It's hard to fight that fear, but it's normal to have it. On the bright side: statistics are in our favor, and yes, it is very likely that it will ever happen :-) If not now, then maybe next month... You got it right: we just got to keep hoping... :-)

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo