Community post

Discussion

Sex while TTC

My husband and I just started trying for our second child this month. I had fertile cm for the past week or so and we BD'd almost every day but he started complaining that it felt like a chore now that we HAD to do it. Yesterday I had a positive OPK and he said he was too tired and promised me we'd BD today instead. I feel insecure and rejected which makes me really annoyed. This is the FIRST month that we're doing this. The week we were doing it when I had fertile CM, I had to get him in the mood and got almost zero foreplay from him. At this point, I feel like I'm begging him for sex which was never the case before we started trying. What the heck??

He's been very busy lately at work and I know part of the reason is that he has to interrupt his work to BD at nighttime but I just really feel rejected and insecure and its driving me crazy.

I guess I just needed to rant. Have any of you gone through the same thing so soon in this process? What should I do? :(

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Don't tell them you are ovulating. I stopped telling my husband because he would feel the same way or would just force it no fun. :)

So I just slip on something sexy, or bring out a video. Spice it up, he wont be able to resist. :) Don't think it is you hun, because it isn't. Men are just weird about being told when to do it. :)

Just take it easy, and just tell us when you are ovulating, that's what I do and it has worked wonders for us!

9 years ago

we've been trying for 12 month for our second. At first it was sex for the fun of it with a tad of planning, but for a time it felt very much a scheduled activity....

so we both decided to get back the fun of it as my hubby really felt pressured. it can take over if you let it and stop you from enjoying what you do have.

my hubby used to be really active leading up to ovulation but whenever i told him i was ovulating i used to feel like he wasn't as interested. i felt stressed and worried it wasn't going to work...not great combinations

now we do it every other day leading up to ovulation, then everyday during fertile stage. balanced fun with planning, and i make sure we both have a pamper day just before fertile range so were both relaxed and feeling close.

good luck xx

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo