Community post

Discussion

FYI- OPK/HPT dipstick IMPORTANT INFO!

I've noticed many women dipping both OPK and HPT dipsticks and posting together for votes... FYI If you dip both an OPK and an HPT in the same urine and ALLOW THEM TO TOUCH, either while dipping or while drying, the chemicals from the OPK strip will cause a false faint positive on the HPT. DO NOT ALLOW OPKS AND HPTS DIPSTICKS TO TOUCH!

If you feel the need to take an OPK and an HPT at the same time for whatever reason... (OPKs are not reliable as HPTs by the way and it is pretty unlikely they would detect pregnancy before an HPT and only works on RARE occasion) be sure to dip them ONE AT A TIME and do not allow them to touch!

1 Reply • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Oh my god! I have just found this out! We have been trying and I got a faint positive we got all excited and then the following day I did preg test only and it was neg! I then dis opk and hcg again and was positive. I did a few together to double check and lined them up all apart from one preg test and was negative... I could then clearly see where the opk had bleed across onto the hcg test! From this we worked out my cycle was wrong and I'm now 6dpo and not the 12 we originally thought!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo