Community post

Discussion

My Story :)

Hi Ladies,

I am twenty one years old and been trying to conceive baby number one after coming off the pill in early may this year. Planning to get pregnant whilst on honeymoon. Regardless of that we still looked at ovulation and my body temperature.

I got my first period at the end of May and had my first proper cycle in June, starting my period on the twenty forth of June, which was perfect for conceiving on our honeymoon.

The twenty eighth of June was our wedding day and went on honeymoon straight from the wedding.

I never used any ovulation tests or anything for that matter accept from Pre-Seed & Folic Acid. I had taken Pregnacare Conception the month before, but stopped due to it causing late ovulation.

We never timed intercourse or did certain things, I literally just pushed it to the back of my mind and enjoyed the sunny three weeks in Florida.

You can only guess my shock when I get home and take a Clearblue Easy +/- test. A very faint blue line, but this was a few days before my period - surely it should be dark by now? Then I heard about the Blue evaps on these tests, my hopes where fading quickly.

Worried I waited to the next day to test with first morning urine, after 10 minutes nothing was coming up.

I waited another two days - the day of my expected period, still nothing. This time using First Response Early Result. You can imagine how I was feeling, heartbroken didn't cover it.

I had given up after three negatives after that clear positive, it was very upsetting.

Seven days later I am still awaiting Aunt Flo and her monthly gift, but nothing has come. Im feeling tired and hungry, but there are no symptoms, I know I am not pregnant. Three tests cannot be wrong.

My sister however convinces me to get myself a digital test, since she got her first positive on a digital. I got one, doubtful and feeling out of pocket.

I didnt even thinking about waiting till the morning, if I was taking it I was doing it now. Just seconds after peeing on the stick, the screen flashed up with the words.... "Pregnant"

I stared at it... surely that cannot be right? It is though... Im pregnant, Im going to be a mum!

Heart beating fast, palms sweating and shaking I took to the phone and called my husband, I cannot explain how happy and joyful he was - it brought tears to my eyes!

I am so happy for this little baby and cant wait to get started on this Journey. 5 weeks today and counting.

The best advice I can give would have to be ... "Dont Try" - I know it sounds stupid, but it honestly works! Stress and trying too hard is something that effects most woman I believe.

I once asked my doctor "why do drunk teenagers get pregnant after a one night stand, and some people try religiously to get pregnant" - his reply was:

"You have just said it all. They are calm and relaxed, they are not trying"

Good Luck ladies and Baby Dust to you all!

User Image" rel="nofollow">User Image

3 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

A huge congrats to you <3
I am one of those women who have tried for months and months and nothing happened. So I decided to give up and tossed aside the ovulation tests and stopped charting my BBT, and guess what?? I got my BFP this month a couple days ago!!!!!!!
So yes, I am a firm believer now in the "don't try" state of mind!! I hated hearing people tell me to stop trying so hard for something I wanted so badly. I ignored it. But, the more it didn't happen, the more I realized that when it is meant to happen, it will happen whether I do all this crazy crap or not.... and sure enough, the cycle I give up, is the cycle I got pregnant <3
Lines are getting darker every day, so my little bean is healthy, just hoping and praying my baby stays healthy and sticky <3 <3

User Image

User image

10 years ago

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS!

I am so happy for you :) Its really nice to see other mum-wannabes get their BFP. It means so much and to finally see it... well its a dream come true!

I also believe in the "Dont Try" now, because I literally did not do anything this month - as in leave legs up, or take conception tablets.

Well! Here is too a happy and healthy 9 months :) xxxx

User Image" rel="nofollow">User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

Reading your story brought tears to my eyes. Everyone tells me not to try and I do not listen to them. If I get a BFN this month, I think I am going to stop trying.
Good luck to you and your lil baby <3

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo