Community post

Discussion

Male Infertility Factor

Hi all! Just wondering if their are any other women in the same situation as myself. DH and I have been trying for #5 (we have a blended family of 4 rambunctious children....2 mine and 2 his) since October 2011! We just want to have at least one bio child together.

DH has been diagnosed with having a low sperm count a few years before his first child. Yet he was able to produce two beautiful boys. We have been trying since October 2011 and no luck so far. My DH has tried FertilAid, ConceptionXR, and CO-Q 10 pills. I will admit he hasn't taken it religiously past one month but still. Meaning he'll take it continuously for one month and then lose his motivation after AF shows. I know he is suppose to take it for 3 consistently months before you start to see results. He has also changed to wearing loser boxers and keeping cooler in that area. Ummm....I've changed his diet and added the sperm friendly foods.

I'm just at a lost as to what else to do to get pregnant. I've even tried taking FertiliTea, evening primrose oil, prenatals, and Robitussin. I tried to see a RE and whew thats definitely will be my very last option (so expensive and horrible experience) I've cried and prayed and gave up just to go right back to obsessing over TTC again.

Does anyone have any other ideas, suggestions, advice? Thanks in advance :-)

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hello, DH and I have also been trying since October 2011, he has low sperm count and a varicose vein on his scrotum. The doctors said that we can conceive naturally this way, but it will take us longer than the "normal" couples. We decided to go ahead with the IUI process, we had our first one along with me taking Clomid in May and it was unsuccessful. We tried un medicated for June and July and if AF shows up in August we will go ahead and try another IUI. I have two boys from a previous relationship and DH has none, we would like to have two maybe three more within the next 4.5 years.. DH is 8 years older than I am (hes 32 and im 24) so hes kinda in a rush to have them.

Have you considered IUI?

User Image

10 years ago

Hi there
My DH has low morphology (2% using strict Kruger) and also had relatively low count (20mil/ml) and motility (30%). He took vitamins for a month (he was very good) AND (I think more importantly) we BD'd almost every day (sometimes twice a day) for the whole month (except when AF was around)... seriously, EVERY DAY.

I kept up by taking Fertivor (it helps, trust me) and we saw a remarkable improvement in only 6 weeks. We went for our first (and hopefully last) IUI last week and his count had doubled!

We got 15mil after the wash, which is remarkable because no one thought we would manage much more than 3mil with his numbers in such a short time.

I downloaded a book from Amazon called Overcoming Male Infertility by Leslie R. Schover and Anthony J. Thomas Jr. In it the authors said that ejaculating every day or, even better, twice a day has been shown to increase sperm production in men with low count. (It does the opposite for men with high count).

It's worth a try.. and believe me, you won't have any trouble getting your man to commit to the treatment! :-)

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo