Community post

Discussion

Positive opk only in morning or early afternoon? pregnancy.

So have been doing a little reading due to suggestion and have read it is better to test in afternoon or later with opk because LH is not in urine until then. I started testing around 11am and then as it got a little darker was testing fmu around 7am again around 11:30-12pm and again at night 8-11pm. My morning & afternoon tests showed darker than control lines while my night was very light to no line. I also read that LH and HGH are very similar. wondering if the early day positives could indicate pregnancy. I dont think I am because last cycle was very early mc & I bled & passed a lot of tissue, but seems odd to get opposite results from the norm with my opk.

User Image User Image

2 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

You probably caught your LH surge with the morning and afternoon tests, and by the evening your surge had passed. That's fine, and normal, and you will likely ovulate in 12-36 hours. It's not a sign of pregnancy because OPKs have to be consistently positive (as dark or darker than the control line) for quite a few days in a row. Basically, OPKs are NOT a reliable source when used as a pregnancy test. Use them for ovulation, and once you ovulate stop using them (save the leftovers for the next cycle or pass them on to a friend!).

User Image User Image

12 years ago

Agreed not a reliable preg test, did forget to mention + for 3 days now with super dark line and pretty dark line for around 5 days prior. thanks for the info though, Ive got a lot to learn about the opks

User Image User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo