Community post

Discussion

CD 6

View Full Post

Heyy ladies! Today Im on cd 6. Anyone else just start a new cycle? This is our 11th month ttc. Im surprisingly optimistic this go around...Im sure that will change once the tww gets here lol. This cycle we are using preseed, fertility vitamins, and tomorrow we are both taking fertility tests we ordered off of amazon...Im anxious to know the results! How is everyone else feeling? Anyone trying anything new? Good luck and baby dust to everyone!!! :]

313 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

131 - 140 of 313 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies!

Sorry to hear about your dh's sperm results dixieheart. At least they aren't too bad. People have gotten a bfp with a lot worse sperm. So I wouldn't stress it too much. You are still really early on ttc. It takes most healthy couples 8 months to conceive. I wouldn't gt worried about anything until you have at least hit that mark. A good thing with sperm is that certain vitamins can improve abnormalities to an extent. Since your dh's ins't too bad I'm sure what your doctor proscribed will help. My dh takes a vitamin mixture that is supposed to improve the health of sperm. It is called fertilaid for men. We don't know if anything is even wrong with dh's sperm but its better to be safe than sorry. And they are all water soluble vitamins so he can never take too much. Your body just breaks down what you can't absorb and you pass it. I was taking the female version last month. Sometimes a break can be good if you feel like you are getting too stressed. We took a break a while back just because I got tired of tracking and testing.

Thanks for the info about your prenatals, Julia. I looked for the gummy kind around here but they don't carry them. I have heard a lot of people say they prefer them. I might try to look them up on Amazon. :]

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, Shelob. Luckily as long as you don't get too sick it shouldn't effect your o or anything :] I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Today I'm 3dpo. I'm still feeling great. Dh and I bd last night and my cervix felt super sensitive while we were dtd. But since I was only 2dpo I'm sure that's normal... just new for me. Tomorrow is dhs last day at work for the week (they call it fracer friday haha) then he will have 4 days off. So if I'm not on too much over the weekend that will be why. I'm going to try to keep my mind off of the tww this weekend and hopefully it will fly by!

Good luck and baby dust ladies! Hope to hear about some of you o-ing soon!

10 years ago • Post starter

Good morning ladies......

Thank you for all your kind words......I'm sure we have nothing to worry about...like you said Liz women did get there BFP with most less and worse sperm count than my DH.....

Shelob sorry to hear that you not feeling well.....I think your body is just telling you to slow down a bit....hope you feel better soon, and is sure that it will have no effect on your test.....

Liz you are so lucky to have your DH to yourself for a few days.....you guys must enjoy the weekend at country fair with your friends.....I'm finally joining you in the tww......according to my stats I must be 1 dpo today......but I definitely had O cramps on Sunday....but the Opk was negative, but my saliva test showed full ferning for the past 4 days......I'm sure DH and I bd enough. If not there will always beneath month.....

Julia hope you having a better day today....

The past few days DH has also been suggesting we go to our family holiday home down at the coast.....the more I think about it, sound more and more like
a very good idea....I've also decided to take month or so to get myself on track again....the testing and tracking my symptoms is definitely not having a good impact on my subconscious. This next cycle all I'm going to consentrate on getting in shape lose a few pounds and maybe find a job again......just until I do get pregnant.......

Baby dust and sticky beans ladies.........

User Image

10 years ago

Hi dixieheart, I'm glad to hear that you and your dh will be getting away for a little while that should be very nice! That's exciting that you are going to start a job! I have thought about it too to help pass some time. Dh and I talked about it and we decided against it. Since he works 16 hour days that only leaves 8 hours a day of him being home and 4 of those 8 sleeping We dont get much time together during the week. And esp with him switching back and fourth from days to night shift we would hardly have any time to bd or see each other and would rarely be home together at the same time. So I decided to start watching a friends son while she works during the day so that way I am still home to see dh when he is. And glad you started using the microscope or else you might have missed your o! Is it easy to do? Or is it expensive? Sometimes your lh surge is so quick you can miss it on opks. I hope your break will do good for you and your dh. I'm sure some time to focus on some other things will help you both. You will have to stay in touch and let us know how it goes! Hopefully you wont have to and this will be the month you get your bfp!! Baby dust and I hope you are able to relieve some stress soon!

Hi Liz thank you so much for the support really appreciate it.....

The saliva test is much easier for me! Especially now that I've used the Opks aswell. The name of the tester I'm using is Fertile focus. You can go to there web page www.fertile-focus.com I also saw you can order them via the internet.....what's nice about the test is you can use it day after day, for years.....not like the Opks you use once and need to buy every month or so......its a bit expensive 35 dollars, but like I said you pay that once and never again.....you put your saliva between two pieces of glas wait for it to dry, you attached it back to the microscope and check for ferning.......much more hygienic.....I will forward you some pics of the tester to your email......

I will definitely stay in thouch just need to sort my emotions, it not like me feeling so out of it......

Sending you the email Liz......

User Image

10 years ago

DH and I have been talking more about this move he wants to make. Career-wise for him, I think it's a good choice. However, he wants to move in March, which is a terrible time for me. If he did move, I'd probably stay here (a good 13+ hours away from him in one direction and a good 15+ hours away from family in the other).

Needless to say, that's not a situation in which I'd like to be pregnant. In telling DH this, I was hoping he'd say, "Well, we'd like to be pregnant, so let's just move at a time that works for both of us. Maybe let's put this move off for a year or to anyway, since our house is not in a state to move out of and we had grand plans to get our student loans paid off before making any major financial decisions."

Nope.

He wants to be NTNP, and it seems like the only part he thinks would be a problem for moving is being about to give birth. I guess perhaps I could handle being pregnant, but not too far along, and move 13 hours away, but I say that having never been pregnant and not knowing what it's really like. All I know for sure is that I don't want to be out here alone and pregnant.

Since I seem to be losing the "it doesn't seem wise to move this year" argument, it looks like I'm going to be using my soon-to-arrive OPKs to find out when NOT to BD.

And that means I'm not going to be logging on to this site anymore, 'cause that's just going to make me want to TTC. :(

Good luck to you all! I hope for all three of you that this is your cycle!

Me: 27, DH: 28 TTC since: March 2013 Irregular cycles User Image

10 years ago

Hi girls!!

iulia07 I am sorry to hear about the stressful decisions you are having to make. This kind of decision-making does need o be done together. When we were first married I really wanted to start trying right away, however my husband's contract had just come to an end and it looked like we were going to be moving overseas. Not knowing for sure what country and when, we thought it best to wait. So I was on birth control for a year. Then finally we came to the realisation that we couldn't just live our lives in limbo and come what may we started trying. Good thing we did, as the overseas job my husband was looking for no longer existed when the recession hit and we would still be waiting if we hadn't made that decision then. It was tough to go on birth control, and I course in retrospect I regret it as now I know how hard it is for me to get pregnant. But, at the time the decision seemed to make sense. Now I am of the opinion that there is never a right time to get pregnant. If we were to do it over, we would never have used birth control. Hindsight, ay :) But of course, we are in our 30s so time is not on our side. Really tough decision for you two and I hope you feel at peace with what you ultimately decide to do. :)

Well Dixieheart and Lizhaley it looks like I will be joining you in the TWW much earlier than anticipated! I had my estradiol blood test yesterday. Didn't hear back about it until today because I was too busy at work to ring yesterday. They are very happy with my level! Based on the pattern from last month that would indicate I may ovulate within the next day or two! I think it will be tomorrow (OPK later today may confirm that) and if so it will be the second shortest follicular phase I have ever had. My shortest one I got pregnant on, so might be a good sign :) I am really relieved I mentioned to the nurse that I had occasionally ovulated earlier as they did the blood test a day earlier in my cycle than last time. That did mean I got a phone call early this morning - but it did that the important message that we were to TTC right away :)

Dixieheart sorry to hear you are feeling a bit down about things. I fully agree taking some time out is a good idea! Re-prioritise your thoughts and get the world back into perspective. I think getting a part time job is a great idea too! I wish mine were only part time!!! Tentatively considering going down to part time next year to ease the burden, but I am not sure how well that would go down... I think what you have decided to do is also a great idea Lizhaley. I would love to do that once I have a baby! But looks like my husband might be the stay-at-home Dad. We'll see, that's a long way away!

I am still not very well. Had to go to work the past couple of days but I need to rest. Still, there is some work to be done this weekend, will just try and keep it to a minimum!

10 years ago

Good afternoon ladies......

Julia, sorry to hear about your tough decisions that you guys have to make....but I have to agree with Shelob....making these type of decisions should not keep your life on hold.....it should be part of your journey in your married life......my mom always say.....if you don't support the plan support the man!!!!!! It could be that your DH is fully supportive of you guys having a baby, but his first priority is to provide for you and your soon extending family......good luck and remember support the man even if you think the plan stinks.

Shelob sorry to hear you not feeling better yet, but good news with your test results.....i was just thinking about you this morning and was scared because we did not year from you as yet about your test results......I'm so excited for you...good luck with your bdancin!!!!!

Liz I'm sure you are having a wonderful time at the fair with your DH and friend.....

My DH is at the university today, so it's been me and the sewing machines whole whole morning. DH and I had a long talk Thursday afternoon on our walk.......I was so ashamed of myself for being so selfish.....I thought DH was going to cry when I told him we should take a break from the next cycle if we did not conceive this one.....he told me it's not fair on him for me to make decisions like that on my own....and think I'm being silly, he fully understand that why I'm feeling the way I do, but it's no reason for us to take a break.....

Well we decided then I'm not going to act like a crazy person any more and needs to get my shit togehter. He also suggests that instead off me going back to work, i should study something!!! Maybe foundation fase teaching...he also suggested that I should join our local gym and go do yoga and spinning that I really enjoy so much.....and further more if we not pregnant by October we will go see our doctor about artificial insamination.......but most of all I must trust in God for our little miracle.....and I should get back on my knees thanking him for all the blessings we so freely receive everyday.....

So ladies it was a hars talk our I think necessary, I cried the rest of the way home.....and felt so silly for acting like a spoiled little girl instead of the grown woman that I am.....

So from Monday its back to business.......I joined our local gym on Friday.....and will do the spinning and yoga in mornings.....DH and I will sit this afternoon to see if i can enroll at the university next year to go study.....

Good luck on the tww Shelob, it's nice that you will be joining us so soon this month......

User Image

10 years ago

Hi ladies! I got a few minutes to jump on and see how you all were doing. Great news about you o-ing early shelob! That's so exciting!I really hope this is your month! Esp with how similar it was to your other cycle. Fingers crossed for you! Also, sorry you are feeling bad still. Hope you are well again soon!

Sorry to hear you had to have that tough talk dixieheart. Its good that you and your dh were able to get your feelings out and make a decision together tho. I think at some point we all go through a little freak out stage. Just the stress of wondering why it isnt happening can weigh on you. I think sometimes it can be hard for men to understand that. Thankfully my dh is very understanding and supportive. We always tell each other when we are feeling sad or stressed and I think it really helps us understand how the other is feeling and that ttc effects both of us, not just me. Im glad to hear that you both were able to talk about it and come up with some solutions. Keeping busy is a great way to help. I keep telling myself that it will happen when its time :] Just try to stay positive.

I have had a great weekend so far. We are celebrating Labor day this weekend Im not sure if you guys celebrate that where you are. But it is a federal holiday monday. We consider it official end of our summer. Its hard to believe that in a month and a half it will be snowing! But we were able to reconnect with some of our old friends who recently moved near us. And today, if the rain holds out, we are going to go to the fair. I can't wait to eat some funnel cake and ride all of the rides! I have been so busy this month with dh and our friends that I can't even think what dpo I am today haha. I will have to look it up after I send this message. But as it stands now I don't feel like this will be our month. I don't feel anything different and we weren't able to bd on o day only the two days prior. Last night our friends and their daughter kept asking when we were going to have a baby and where we were going to give there kids a little friend to play with. I always hate questions like that, I never know how to react or answer. Its always a reminder of how unsuccessful we are in ttc. Blahhh. Anyways, Hope you all are enjoying your weekend! Baby dust to you ladies hopefully we will all get some good news this month! :]

Good afternoon. I am feeling great. My health is back, and it's amazing how much you don't realise you are under the weather until you are well again! It even got noticed and commented on at work! It also helps that we have had three days in a row of the most amazing weather. Beautiful blue skies, sun. I got burnt on Saturday (easy to do in NZ). But sun always makes me happy :) It has just turned spring. The winter was quite a mild one too.

So, my OPKs have still not gone positive! I even did 2 a day in the weekend, which I never do!! So I don't know if somehow I missed it or if it is still coming. I had expected ovulation today at the latest. Today I have had heaps of ovulation pains, enough to make me hold my side in pain (surreptitiously at work!!) So I really do think I am ovulating today. Oh well, my temperatures will tell me. I am always so pleased that I temp otherwise I would be forever doubting what was going on! My temperature dropped this morning too, which is often an indication of ovulation with me. So, two great days of BDing down, hopefully another one tonight! It is hard on weeknights, and we have a commitment in the evenings on Mondays too, so it will be quite late and we might be too tired. We shall see.

Dixieheart, it sounds like you needed that little heart-to-heart with your husband. It is so much easier going through these things with them. I lean on mine quite a bit for moral support and his calmness! I think yours made some great suggestions to help you too :) It is so hard travelling this road emotionally.

Lizhaley we celebrate labour day at the end of October. We get a Monday off too :) What is funnel cake? It must be really nice to have lots of fun things to distract you from the endless waiting! You are through the bit where you need to pay attention, so definitely good to relax :) I wouldn't be worried about not BDing on O day. Statistically you are far liklier to conceive from the two days prior anyway. And symptoms are unlikley to be obvious until you miss AF. I want you to stay positive!! Those questions from your friends about having children are so hard to cope with. Depending on who it is I just go into a little shell and avoid it until the moment is passed. I hate it. We have told most of our close friends about what has been going on with us now, though, so it doesn't happen often.

I really hope I am Oing today... I hate to think we could waste the good BDing we have done!!!

10 years ago

Good morning ladies....

Shelob I think SA and NZ is on the same time zone for our seasons.....yesterday was the first day of during for us.....still a bit chilly out due last week's snow on the mountains.....we are waiting for our first summer rain after that it is going to be very hot......seeing al the blossoms makes me so excited......new life....amazing isn't it?

I also think the talk was necessary, me and my DH are very close and best friends....but sometimes I forget that and try to hide my emotions from him. He works so hard to provide for our family, and is under alot of pressure with his studies aswell. Sometime I just want to protect him from all the emotional things that's been lingering in me. But I forget he sees right threw me into my soul...and knew what was happening in my heart.....he wants to be my strength and support and I must give him the chance to be that for me, and not act liked spoiled little girl......

Today I'm 4dpo not having weird symptoms like the previous 2 cycles...hopefully that's a good sign.

Shelob I sure hope you O today, sounds like it......well I'm praying that today is it for you and that you did not waist the bd....when will you be going for your scan?

Liz I will also not be to worried about not bd on O.....you are very lucky and so are are you Shelob. To have such wonderful DHs they are very few men like that......and is positive that all of us will be blessed with our little miracles very soon.....

Babydust ladies.......

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo