Community post

Discussion

What I did different this cycle

Hi Ladies,

Just thought I would band about what we did different this cycle compared to previous cycles, Its something for those to think about if they are TTC.

I had, had my copper coil out last August to try for another baby with DH as im 41 and DH has a low average sperm count and poor motility & morphology I thought it was going to take an absolute age,

As many people on here will understand as soon as that LH surge came into show it was all guns blazing and revolving our BDing round that and we were doing that up until April 13, where I changed approach. after all the monitoring for ovulation I knew what 3 days were my likely OV days and rather than just BDing on those days I concentrated more on the days before ovulation thinking that the sperm can live for approx 5 days they would be in place ready and waiting when I ovulated. I also BD,d on my first fertile and the day after my second fertile day as well just to cover all bases.

I can not honestly say which sperm caught the egg that I doubt I will ever know but it worked and for that reason I can only think that the different routine prior to ovulation was how it happened.

We also swapped several vitamins and minerals that were supposed to help sperm function for Pregnacare his & hers conception.

As of writing this I am 9wks 4days pregnant.........Good luck to all the ladies out there TTC

6 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Congratulaions! have a healthy and happy 9 mo!

10 years ago

congratulations dear.. Have a happy and healthy nine months.. :)

User Image

10 years ago

Thank you ladies :)

10 years ago • Post starter

Congratulations and thanks for your post.

5 years TTC. Endometriosis and adenomyosis. Surgery. 2 IVFs. No joy. Low ovarian reserve. Is there any real hope? DE IVF = next step. Much higher success rates, but so used to things not working, it's hard to feel too hopeful. Wishing others an easier time.

10 years ago

Think positive thoughts until you're proven wrong.

10 years ago

I would like to up date that unfortunately this pregnancy ended in a MC. But i will be trying this method in future to see if i can get pregnant again. Good luck to all the ladies on here fingers crossed and baby dust to us all awaiting our BFP/sticky beans. <3 xx

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo