Community post

Discussion

BFP 4 1/2 weeks after d&c

Almost 5 weeks ago I had a d&c. At 15 weeks I found out my baby had stopped growing and had to have it removed. I was told that I could TTC when I felt ready. Then I found out that I had a potential molar pregnancy. My levels did, however, go down to 27 in two weeks. On Wednesday my bloods came back as 4 (consistent with 6dpo). I assumed they would be zero. From then I have received BFPs on FRERs. I am extremely excited but still so scared after the experience I had 5 weeks ago. FX I carry this baby to full term. I would be due around March 20 :)

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I do know that your hcg needs to return to negative levels for your body to know it is not pregnant. Once that happens, you will begin to cycle....and build up the hormones to ovulate.

With my D&C in October, it took me 14 weeks to get to where I was not pumping out positive HPTs. My levels took forever to drop....and at the end they would drop by 2-5miu per week. It was VERY frustrating. I finally was considered "not pregnant" sometime in January.

I was also told that it was not possible for me to ovulate until my hcg was at 0. I had a very hard time with that....but it's simple science and logic....we won't ovulate if our body still thinks it's pregnant. Hard to accept when we know we're really not technically pregnant.

Wishing you the best of luck TTC.

Me...33 Hubby...34 Nov 2002...high risk pregnancy, preterm labor @ 31wks, held in our son until 37wks, born 7lbs, 20in October 2007...blighted ovum @ 6w4d, D&C October 2012...fetal death @7w4d subchorionic hematoma, D&C, 46 chromosomes, normal female Waiting to TTC until June!

10 years ago

Thanks for your reply Bostonmama. I had actually been getting negative hpts before going for my fortnight bloods on Wednesday. These tests are getting darker everyday. I also had a positive opk the Thursday before.

We weren't TTC, actually just monitoring levels as I thought you needed a HCG of 0 to ovulate. So my fiance and I had not been using contraception. When the opk came up positive I freaked a bit because we BD the night before. My hpts had been getting lighter and lighter until Thursday when it was positive again, and getting darker. I will be having bloods drawn this week to see. Though not getting my hopes up too much.

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo