Community post

Discussion

Placenta Previa

I have a complete placenta previa that I was diganosed with when I was 9 weeks and I am now 14 weeks. I started having a strange discharge that I didn't have before and I am not sure if it was normal or if I had a Plancental abruption. It is a very thick, stringy (and sometimes clumpy) clear/white discharge that has a very light yellow tint to it. Has anyone had this before or know anything about it?

1 Reply • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi, I'm a midwife. It could just be normal for you this pregnancy but I would advise you make an appointment with your midwife or GP for a low swab to be taken to rule out an infection. Not a high swab as this is contraindicated with placenta praevia. I don't think there is any risk of it being abruption as you would have bleeding. At 14 weeks there is still the chance that as your uterus grows the placenta moves to a better position. Hope this helps. I practice in Scotland but think the same advice would apply anywhere. Good luck. Xxxx

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo